Small Subwoofer Help?

I am having real reservations about putting a sub/box in my trunk. One, it weights a lot. Two, I just dont like the way it looks.

What options are out there as far as smaller sub/amp combos these days? Can anyone post a pic of theirs? Thanx...
A box is heavy, but you can build one for 2-10s, and it and all the amp equipment can fit up there in that upper trunk area between the wheel wells.

Box4.jpg

Subs vary, but my box is divided and ported, and there is just over a cubic foot of internal space per sub, minus what of the sub sticks in there. That should be sufficient space for optimum performance of many 10" subs, but it won't be for some...so if you want to do that, be sure to look at the spec sheet on them before purchase.
Trunk13.jpg

I kept it simple, a small 8" Panisonic sub with built in 80w amp. I got it off ebay. Then adapters with 6x9's. The 4x10's just do not cut it. Some replacement 3.5" in the front.

I wouldn't win any contests with it, but it sounds good. Not super loud. Light weight and cheap.

Here's my cheap, light weight solution. Actually sounds pretty good.

Attachments

• P8070029.JPG
    P8070029.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 139
I have the Infinity BassLink in my Civic. Awesome little unit. If you want to see how it looks, go to the non-buick cars for sale, my car is in there with a pic of the trunk. You can see the basslink in the left corner. 10" subwoofer.

Single 8" or 10" bazookas with their own amplifyer are a terrific light weight solution...and produce excellent bass.