SMC vs. PAC

For me PAC= 34psi boost,0 knock, passengers with #10 pucker factor, and $2.4x/gal. fuel.

on another note

I have the older smc kit in my car now has worked flawlessly since I purchased it, but I am going with the pac I love that its progressive,more boost more alky,gotta love that ramping system it just works...

i'd go with suporting vendor youll always get good tech.
i'm not trying to start $hit by reviving this thread but i've gotta ask did anyone see steve aka;SMC at BG last year, i wasnt aware that gm made WRX STI. why would you try to sell buick guys a product and not bring your buick to a buick event. STI's are cool but not at BG.
just my .02

going F.A.S.T w/ class

Doug Bierkamp

Tech support!!

Well I don't even have a kit yet, i'm still doing some research but, as far as TECH SUPPORT goes RAZOR is constantly on the board helping people with tunning and other related isues they may have. That alone is why i'm choosing the PAC system. If I have any problems or qwestions at least I know I could jump on here and have an answer quick.. just my 0.02 Scot w.

scot w. said:
Well I don't even have a kit yet, i'm still doing some research but, as far as TECH SUPPORT goes RAZOR is constantly on the board helping people with tunning and other related isues they may have. That alone is why i'm choosing the PAC system. If I have any problems or qwestions at least I know I could jump on here and have an answer quick.. just my 0.02 Scot w.

He answers his phone too. Bends over backwards to help/teach whatever the case calls for. Great guy.

They both suck!!! Who really wants to run 25psi of boost all the time, burn up their rear tires at anything under 40mph, and save $5 a gallon vs race gas!!! The whole concept is just stupid!! ;) :D

I should get an Avon squirt water bottle, attach it to my shifter, run it to a nozzle and show you how it's done... You guys are crazy arguing this stuff... Get out and drive your cars!!! This thread is killed to death.

hell

BLACK6PACK said:
They both suck!!! Who really wants to run 25psi of boost all the time, burn up their rear tires at anything under 40mph, and save $5 a gallon vs race gas!!! The whole concept is just stupid!! ;) :D

If we wanted that we would have bought a mustang. Been slow & dumb at the same time. J/K LOL I dont drink & drive but my car does. It is under the influence of alky :cool:

I don't have alky...yet. I'll prob get a PAC kit or SMC possibly. PAC being my first choice.
As far as tuning issues I'm sure someone will have issues with every kit out there. I've met quite a few people that could screw up an anvil with a rubber hammer! Just don't make it a pissing contest please! :D

S M C

Another one for SMC, We probably installed 8-10 SMC kits in local cars and every single one, the owners are tickled to death on how well their cars performs. Steve is great guy, he is not arrogant. He also backs up his products well.

HTH

Prasad

wickedv6 said:
Another one for SMC, We probably installed 8-10 SMC kits in local cars and every single one, the owners are tickled to death on how well their cars performs. Steve is great guy, he is not arrogant. He also backs up his products well.

HTH

Prasad

I don't have anything negative to add to this thread...... but I have a Razor's kit. I don't believe Razor is arrogant......if that is what you are trying to imply..... he seems very approchable to me... and will do anything to please his customers.... and has also helped with tech support to an extent on competitors products...... to me that is above and beyond..... and he is always monitoring the board for anyone that has tuning questions.... I had a small issue with my alky tank on my new kit I bought a few months back..... I called him..... he sent one out that day... no questions asked.... told me to install it and run over the other one in the street..... didn't even want me to send it back..... even though it could probably have been fixed easily......

IMHO the quality of his kits....and his visibility here on the boards helping others... and offering free tech support.....is a very valid reason to buy one of his...... I'm sure Steve offers a quality product as well....or there wouldn't be any thread like this to attempt to quantify which one is better...... both are good..... I just see Razor more here than any of his competitors.....

just my 0.02

like i stated before, i have used SMC, Devils and Razzors systems on differnt cars in my area. Tunned them all on the dyno with a wide band and direct scan

Bottem line -----THEY ALL WORKed flawless " and i didint need to call anybody"

I've ran an old Bowling Green Customs alky kit way back when almost no one was running alky and most guys where acting like I was messing around with voodoo magic or something. I had good luck with it but it wasn't very fancy nor was it very expensive either.

I then went to one of SMC's original kits and was very impressed with ease of use and tunability. These are awesome kits for about 98% of the guys out there. Steve has made improvements to his kits over the years to make them even nicer. Anyone who I helped straighten out the tunning of an SMC kit all made the same two mistakes.

1. they had the alky kicking on too soon
2. they where trying to spray way to much alky and where bogging the motor

Make a partial pass on a back road, read your scan tool, make a quick turn on the two knobs, done! With a scan master, translator plus and extender chip, smc alky, and a cockpit mounted bleeder vavle for boost control you can set the boost, fuel, and alky and have it all dialed in in about 15 minutes total. I have exp with SMC kits that didn't have this set up and they where very easy to tune also, but the above set up is my favorite combonation. It works VERY well over a broad HP/performance range.

I like the concept of a progressive kit. I don't think the progressive kits will really shine unless they are in the hands of some one who's trying to get pretty aggressive with alky. Alot of guys running the PAC kits are not trying to max out. They are still very happy with them so you don't have to be a hardcore guy to appreciate the kits. My buddy Surej ran a PAC kit and he really liked it.

Steve at SMC is now making a progressive kit. These new kits seam to be just a nice as the old ones but also include the progressive feature. We have one of these kits on a buddies car and it seams to be working very nicely and is reasonably priced as well.

With PAC and SMC you have two nice progressive alky kits on the market.

Jason

wickedv6 said:

HTH

Prasad

Do you have a shop? Are you the kid who ran me at D---?

PAC simply the best

Get a PAC kit. You'll get a great product and great service. You can't go wrong with ALKY CONTROL.

Chris

brent231 said:
Do you have a shop? Are you the kid who ran me at D---?

I don't have a shop, shop, I work out of my garage. If you need anything just let me know, I will be more than glad to help you out.

No, I don't think I ever ran you, I have'nt been to D--- since the mid 90's but I know most of the guys that go out there with Turbo Buicks.

HTH

Prasad