smog test (no visual) how am i looking?

nero

Since failing my emissions test in August, I had the Cat replaced with a Test Pipe :eek: :eek: And had the BLACK o2 sensor replaced with a fresh cycling Denso unit.

Here are what my test scores were before those aforementioned swaps back in August:

HC: 2.4783 GPM
CO: 15.5839 GPM
NOx: 2.6097 GPM

This is what was needed to pass:

HC: 1.8 GPM
CO: 30.00 GPM
NOx: 2.8 GPM

So I passed them all, back in August, except for the HC!!

With my new exhaust related items above, what are my chances of passing? Do our cars respond well to the bottle cap full of denatured alcohol? What's the procedure when doing that, if they do?

THAKNS in advance for ALL tips!!! Again, we don't have a visual inspection, just plop on the hose and test for those gasses!

Thanks again :D

IMHO, I think you're going to need the cat to help you pass. Is the EGR valve and PCV valve stock units? If not please use the factory parts.

Yes they're factory units!
If I run a low tank, cut off the fan to run real hot, and put a pint of methane in the tank, will I be alright?:D

Since the first response you got from me was on a Sunday and I did not have access to documents at work, I can now answer with a little more knowledge. The reason Maryland does not require much of a visual is because the test type is I/M240. IMHO one of the most rigorous smog check type test. Your car will be lucky to pass even with a cat. Emission control equipment is required to be factory and nothing else. Even the wrong PCV vavle could cause high HC and those aftermarket EGR valves with those metered washers can drive HC out of range (if you use a washer that is too large) and CO out of range (if the washer is too small. Now for sure I will suggest installing a properly functioning cat. That test requires stoichiometry (14.7:1 a/f ratio) throughout the whole test to pass