You can type here any text you want

smoke at idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

christian237

So my car has been smoking while at idle a lot and only at idle. I was hoping it would be something simple as a bad turbo but the turbo runs good while changing the spark plugs I noticed that the the plug on the 6 piston(driver side far back) had oil residue on it not. Drowning but enough. Now I think it could b a ring. No check engine light no malfunction code on the scanner. Give me insight...

Christian,

Not to be a di$k.
There are tons of threads and info on this site on this subject. Please try to search. Trust me learning how to find the correct info is half of the battle.
But it is pretty easy on this site.

PS. Try the PCV. and breathers.

Pull downpipe off if you see oil residue its turbo, yes turbo will run fine but seal could be gone.

Looked at other replys. I'm hoping it is a seal or turbo I got a guy who will rebuild/upgrade for 300 so it gives me a reason to do so,but like I said the spark plug had minor oil residue on it. Unfortunately I just send the car in for a paint job and won't have it back 4 a month.

i would do a dry and wet compression test, if compression is low do a clt.
maybe a worn valve seal, or valve guide.

Back