You can type here any text you want

Smoke From The Exhaust

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ALVAROG1983

EVIL GN
Hello Guys I Just Got My Car Going After A Headgasket Problem. I Have A Question When I Start Up The Car And After Warming It Up I Rev Up The Motor And Light Smoke Comes Out Of The Exhaust Why And What Would Cause That To Happen can it be from the oil drain hose being to small from the turbo its smaller then the usually size i'm going to change hopefully that fixs the problem i have a feeling that the oil is backing up because there is a curve an fitting at the top where it bolt up to the turbo.

The color and smell of the smoke will tell you something.

White=coolant (kind of a sweet smell)
Blue=fuel (you can usually smell the fuel)
Black=oil (smells like burning oil)

First try to determine which one is the source.

If you think it's the turbo, pull the up pipe and see if it has oil in it. If you think it's the exhaust side, pull the downpipe and look into the turbo for oil.

i'll do that tomorrow i can smell the fumes i already had the fuel adjusted i have a xfi system. if its coolant it should smoke at idle don't think

Does your car still have a cat conv on it? If so, there could be some left over moisture in the catalyst. I fixed a headgasket on a Caddy and it took the car a few days of regular driving to get all of the antifreeze burned out of the conv.

No Cat Car Has Been Sitting For A While I'm Not Loosing Water Or Overheating And No Water In The Oil At Idle When Its Cold You Can See A Little Of It Clears Up After Warming Up. When I Rev The Rpms Up Smoke Comes Out.

Started It Up Today At It Steady Rev It Clears Out It Almost Looks Brown Whien The Smoke Comes I'll Just Leave Alone See It Clears Out.

Back