You can type here any text you want

Snap Crackle Pop...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rampage

Last night I took the GN out for a quick spin. I stopped at the local traffic light when a couple kids in a 2 door Acura pulled up next to me and started reving and farting at me. I had no choice but waited for the light to turn green and nailed it. Lots-o-fun... From a dead stop to a 35MPH roll-on, the GN Hooked, boosted and ran well. However, the 3rd time I hit the gas she backfired on me and the SES light came on. I thought it stalled but it didn't, and now it's running really rough. So I limped it home, parked it and had a beer. Then this morning, I tried to start it but I noticed the Tach needle doesn't move. It cranks but doesn't start...

Did the Crank sensor take a hike during my last run and the GN went into "Limp-Home" mode? or was it the Cam sensor?

The ScanMaster was stolen so I'm flying blind right now...

BTW-The kids in the Acura didn't see my mishap. I was to far ahead of them...:D

engine cannot run without a crank sensor, no way, no how.

If a cam sensor fails, the engine will keep running, and set a code. But will not restart.

I guess I'll pop the cap and see if it falls apart in my hands...

I'll keep you'll posted

cam sensor

:( If you need a cam sensor I have a new complete one for sale. Let me know...:biggrin:

Back