You can type here any text you want

Snow

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87TTypewriter

finally
do any of you guys use snow performance meth sytems? or have you heard anything about these? i can get one from a guy for cheap, but i wanted to know the quality of it before i consider buying it.. thanks

do any of you guys use snow performance meth sytems? or have you heard anything about these? i can get one from a guy for cheap, but i wanted to know the quality of it before i consider buying it.. thanks
Pretty much NO! for the most part, There may be a couple but not many at all. If I was you I would do some research on all the kits offered first before making your decision. Knowone here knows what your looking for more than you! You may want simple, easy, reliable! You may want a system more sofisticated, complex that does more with bells & whistles. They are all out there and probably work well, it's just up to you and what you want or can afford.

Scot W.

Pretty much NO! for the most part, There may be a couple but not many at all. If I was you I would do some research on all the kits offered first before making your decision. Knowone here knows what your looking for more than you! You may want simple, easy, reliable! You may want a system more sofisticated, complex that does more with bells & whistles. They are all out there and probably work well, it's just up to you and what you want or can afford.

Scot W.

yah man i had my mind set on a kit from Razor but i got this offer from a guy who does tons of turbo work in south FL.. Have you heard bad things about these setups? I have done a good amount of research and came to the conclusion that Razor is the man and am not questioning that either. Just that this price is rediculously cheap. I havent heard anything about them.The guy says they are good but i want confirmation from my TR buddies.

yah man i had my mind set on a kit from Razor but i got this offer from a guy who does tons of turbo work in south FL.. Have you heard bad things about these setups? I have done a good amount of research and came to the conclusion that Razor is the man and am not questioning that either. Just that this price is rediculously cheap. I havent heard anything about them.The guy says they are good but i want confirmation from my TR buddies.
Well I tend to go with what is proven and what everyone else is running because it simply shows it works!

I personally have never owned a snow kit because they are basically set up to run the 50/50 mix stuff, It's just my preferance to Not spend the money on something that only allows you 50% of the real bennifits of pure methanol.

The Two kits that are MOST popular with the TR owners are Razors & SMC Kits. These are also the TWO kits that have been proven several times over. All other kits may work just fine but is yet to make a standing on proof installed in our cars at the track.

Others will chime in to help i'm sure.

Scot W.

watch the Snow pumps. I also didn't care for the plastic/nylon lines..

They had a good artcle on them in HOTROD mag this month. They seem to have a good one, but im not sure they are made to fit our car exactly.

I would wonder why it's being offered so cheap. I suggest Razor's kits.

well the plastic/nylon is nothing in price compared to Julio's braided lines :cool: Had a Snow kit up here that ate a pump to.. the sent him another and it also didn't last long. I sold him a pump from Julio :p

I will state the SNOW kits work

I have seen the SNOW kits in operation here in Colorado on the Dyno. A local STI was putting down over 500 horses with this kit. (This car also ran 10.80's in Colorado's thin air)

My 2 cents... You will require Dyno time to properly dial in "ANY" alky kit. Until then... you are only guessing.

Not a plug... (I have a new SNOW system on the '92 LX project that is almost completed and wrapped up... 432 cubic inch Windsor, TKO-600, 3.55 8.8 with 31 spline axles)

dealt with a couple of those kits on blower mustang and i dont like them as well...and as it was stated already the nylon lines and fitting are not for me...a local performance shop was all about the snow and aem kits till i turned them onto julios kit and now they are an authorized distributor which says alot i would think

My 2 cents... You will require Dyno time to properly dial in "ANY" alky kit. Until then... you are only guessing.

we have never gone to a dyno BUT we drive our car a lot .. as long as ya don't detonate it you shouldn't have any problems .. Not that hard to tune it with a Turbo Tweak Chip :cool: we raced the car just like we drive the car everyday. Get in an go :cool:

:)

To really see the benefits... you need to get it on a dyno. You are giving up horsepower not dialing in your alky setup. I have watched the posts of owners on the board... attempting to dial in their kits via a butt meter. Humorous at best... and it is THEIR motor right?

For some of you the above statement probably doesn't mean much... but you are giving up 25 to 50 horses... if not more!

I use Propane on the GN... :) So exclude anything I might say about a Turbo Buick application. :) With aluminum heads and a "Pro-pain System" I get ZERO knock on 91 octane fuel. ;)

I use Propane on the GN... :) So exclude anything I might say about a Turbo Buick application. :) With aluminum heads and a "Pro-pain System" I get ZERO knock on 91 octane fuel. ;)

Glad to see someone is still using the propane system. That was another idea that was kind of ahead of it's time. Maybe one day it will make a come back, especially since we could probably modify the ISAC to control a propane system as well.

no dyno time,and i was able to equal my previous race gas times almost immediatly, with razors alky kit it was basically plug and play.dyno is a good baseline tool but the track is the real proving ground.

if I find 25/50 more hp ... never mind :p :biggrin: Buicks are really simple to make go.. Lots of guys have proved it :cool:

Back to the thread.. It sounds like you really want it!! so do it.. try it and if ya don't like it sell it and make some $$$ and then get Julio's :wink:

Can you imagine how fast your car would be if you dyno tuned it :D

best part is i have access to a free dyno at one of your distributors and i was on it once just messing around but did no tuning...just got the motor in this week and putting some miles on it then a re-tune and back to the track to finally see what i can do with these stock heads and some meth....oh and thank julio for getting that y-block and 2 short lines for my alky kit to me as quick as you did its much appreciated

best part is i have access to a free dyno at one of your distributors and i was on it once just messing around but did no tuning...just got the motor in this week and putting some miles on it then a re-tune and back to the track to finally see what i can do with these stock heads and some meth....oh and thank julio for getting that y-block and 2 short lines for my alky kit to me as quick as you did its much appreciated

Exactly.. I was being sarcastic. Dyno's are tuning tools. Its the best place to get a brand new combo squared away when working from nothing. But because it makes more power on the dyno, doesn't mean it makes the car faster going down the track.

Funny.. the fastest pump gas/alky Buicks never see dyno time. They do see lots of track time tho. :D

Back