You can type here any text you want

So are there two different Felpro Intake gaskets?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRICKSIXPA

East Coast Go fast with class club MAGNA!!!
Staff member
Doing my intake yesterday I opened one of my Felpro 96033 intake gasket boxes and this metal pan came out the one on the right. Sure to say I was quite surprised it had the cam sensor
o ring, vacuum block gasket, the two rubber end pieces and the tube of RTV. No coating on top and bottom. I opened the box I got from rockauto and the regular gasket on the left was in there. The only difference is the correct gasket on the box it has 1978-1989 Turbo V6.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1385429716.008985.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Interesting. I wonder if one is a newer style? Was either of the boxes opened and resealed?

No all the ripping was my doing. The brown tape was under the label sticker. The intake gasket was ordered from a Napa parts store.

the metal only felpro was replaced long long ago by the blue paper coated gasket , like the gm hoodliners the part # stayed the same
old stock i would return it

that goes for the old felpro 9441 gaskets , years ago they were the lead graphite gm victors in the felpro package and then they were replaced by the blue graphite you know today as the 9441

I would keep it. If you ever run into a situation where the intake needs to be machined, that thinner gasket might save the day.

I just ordered another one today to replace this one for the other motor. I guess I'll just put this away if anybody happens to need it.

Back