You can type here any text you want

So close to 10.99.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6POWER

I attended the Rockingham event today and I had a great time. I ran my best ever 1/8 and 1/4 mile and I was so close to a 10.99 but never got it because of my lousy 60' times. Clint tried his best to instruct me on doing a proper burnout to get a better 60' and on one run I thought I had it but the tire turned on the wheel. Thanks for the help Clint and I will use that method from now on. Mike helped me tune the car (thank you) and it was running great....my driving kept me from a 10 second run.

My best two runs were:

My worst of the six runs was:

As you can see, I need to launch better.

Boost = 26-27
Knock = 0
AFR = high 10s
TCC lock @ 95
Fuel = about 100 octane (93+110) with methanol injection
Rest of combo is in signature.

124mph with the 61 turbo is excellent:eek:

Im sure you will get into the 10s next time to the track if its hooking good, you definitely have the MPH for it! Gotta love it!

BW

My first run was 125.35 mph and the rest were 124+. I was very happy with the mph with the boost and conservative timing. Thanks for the comments.

Great times and MPH.Good luck on getting 60s down and you will see 10.90s or better.

Dam, that sux. Close tho... That is still rippen and still faster then a stock
Z06.

I will be very pleased with anything 10.99 or quicker. Just don't want to be in the 11's anymore. :smile:

I sooooo feel your pain!! But we'll get there. 11.14's here.

Jim, Good job at the track. Considering the cold track and lack of traction for all the cars I thought you were doing pretty good. Heck the car I was there with was stuck running 12.0's @ 119+ mph on 3-passes!! :eek: Needless to say the 60ft's were lousy!!

K.

88ZNX--That is a pretty car...I like the fender vents. Hope we both get our 10 second runs in the near future.

NCTURBOS--Wish I hadn't worn out my MT ET Street drag radials. They would hook great compared to the Hoosier's I had on the car. Sorry about your 12.0s @ 119. What tire and 60'?

NCTURBOS--Wish I hadn't worn out my MT ET Street drag radials. They would hook great compared to the Hoosier's I had on the car. Sorry about your 12.0s @ 119. What tire and 60'?

MT ET Street Radial with 2.0x 60ft's. It was the owners first time out with the car at the track. I wish I had made a pass with it... ;)

Oh yeah... 93-octane with Julio's single nozzle alky kit. No lock-up with the converter. I figure we're losing 3mph w/o the lock-up.

K.

Were those drag radials or plain street radials? If drag radials, then that was a lousy 60'...if street radials, then it was pretty good. You should have made a pass with my car. I'm sure you could have launched it better and had a 10.99. :)

I locked my tc at 95 mph. Should I have locked it earlier? If earlier, at what mph? Thanks.

Were those drag radials or plain street radials? If drag radials, then that was a lousy 60'...if street radials, then it was pretty good. You should have made a pass with my car. I'm sure you could have launched it better and had a 10.99. :)

I locked my tc at 95 mph. Should I have locked it earlier? If earlier, at what mph? Thanks.

They were MT drag radials... :cool: Not the fault of the tire though, they never did spin. Not having a line-lock wasn't helping the car hold boost either for launching. I would have pulled the old-school e-brake move out of the bag if I made a pass... :biggrin:

When to lock the converter varies from car to car depending on the combination and how efficent the converter is unlocked. You can actually lock it too soon, pulling the rpm of the car below it's power range. Makes some tests with it going in 5mph increments and see where the car responds the best. The earliest you can lock it w/o nosing the car over the best... Usually.

K.

I have never used the e-brake but I hear it does help. I imagine it is hard on the rear brakes though.

A line lock is a necessity for doing burn outs, but not for launching. The transbrake is for high boost launches.

I'll try locking the tc earlier and see how the car responds.

26-27 boost

27x10.5-15 Hoosier Quick Time Pro tire

Car + driver weight = 3,640

I have never used the e-brake but I hear it does help. I imagine it is hard on the rear brakes though.

A line lock is a necessity for doing burn outs, but not for launching. The transbrake is for high boost launches.

I'll try locking the tc earlier and see how the car responds.

The e-brake launch can be hard on the rear brake hardware and backing plates. I normally don't like to use it, but I would have for just one pass in Mike's car to get a decent ET to match his MPH. The last car I put together with a similar combination to his went easy 11.4's @ 119+ mph of the footbrake. Come to think of it that car didn't have a line-lock either, and just glazed the rear brakes up from the burnouts.

K.

Can i ask how much boost and what size tire.I ran an 11.02 at only 122.31 with a te-61

On Mike's car this past weekend we were running 275/60/15 MT ET drag radials, and going through the traps @ approx. 5400rpm with the converter (restalled D-5) unlocked. Ta61 with a Garrett .63 exh. housing @ 21-22psi boost, 119+mph.

When we put TurboIndian's GN together a few years ago it went 126+mph with a Ta61/.63 Garrett housing.

An old car of mine went 129+mph with a Ta61/.63 PTE housing.

K.

On Mike's car this past weekend we were running 275/60/15 MT ET drag radials, and going through the traps @ approx. 5400rpm with the converter (restalled D-5) unlocked. Ta61 with a Garrett .63 exh. housing @ 21-22psi boost, 119+mph.

When we put TurboIndian's GN together a few years ago it went 126+mph with a Ta61/.63 Garrett housing.

An old car of mine went 129+mph with a Ta61/.63 PTE housing.

K.

Aint no way it went 129 with a ta61, period. It would have to be making 625 horses to the rear wheels in a full weight regal. Even if you cut 1000 pound off it would be making 460 with 2700 lbs??? :confused:

Do you have timeslips, video and signatures to prove it:biggrin:

Aint no way it went 129 with a ta61, period. It would have to be making 625 horses to the rear wheels in a full weight regal. Even if you cut 1000 pound off it would be making 460 with 2700 lbs??? :confused:

Do you have timeslips, video and signatures to prove it:biggrin:

Oh hell... You're gonna make me dig in the closet for the info. The car was in TSS trim at the time. Let me find the info...

K.

Its obvious that your not getting out of the hole like you should to generate a good 60 ft. If your not spinning the MT's, than your definitly not leaving hard enough. I always ran 14#'s on my MT's to get the best 60 ft and I spun them during burnout through all 3 gears to get the heat built up. What boost you leaving at? What ever it is, you need to leave with 2-3#'s more, that and a longer burnout + tire pressure and your there easy

Back