You can type here any text you want

so I bought a drum of "race gas",,,,

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ross L

It's phillips 66 . I was told it was 112 M. Well, a friend brings me the drum(1.5 hr drive), turns out its T-32 which is 106M and something like 112 R. I was really wanting to try my lubrant 26* race chip which calls for 110. All the info I've found instructs that the motor octane is whats important. Soooooo, do I take it back(arghhh:mad: ) or try it? I probably should call the buisness that sold it to me and discuss the situation. Anyone run this fuel?

Well your (R+M) octane is 109 so it's not quite what the chip calls for...you could probably get away with running that gas and chip if you watch the boost...probably around 22-23 PSI...I ran the same chip for awhile using Unocal 110(R+M) octane and was able to run 24-25 PSI boost with no knock...I ended up mixing in some C-16 because I wanted to run more boost...

correction

The "B"-32 has a research octane of 114 and a motor octane of 106. That puts the (R+M) @ 110. I really wanted at least 110 M octane but I guess I'll try it. Actually I would be happy w/ 22-24 psi on the 26* chip. BTW, what did you run on that set-up? Thanks.
Ross L

Take it back and get B-33. I would put it up against anything out there, and it's a lot cheaper than C-16. My friends and I have been running B-33 in our TSS cars for years. I have run 35 psi on year old B-33 with 0 knock, using Red's 106 chip.

Originally posted by stangbanger
Take it back and get B-33. I would put it up against anything out there, and it's a lot cheaper than C-16. My friends and I have been running B-33 in our TSS cars for years. I have run 35 psi on year old B-33 with 0 knock, using Red's 106 chip.
Who makes B-33, maybe Torco? I'm at that point to decide on the C-16 vs something less expensive, yet effective.

It's a Phillips product, also. Last we bought was around $300 a drum, if I remember correctly.

The B-32 was $ 235. I'll most likely use it and go with the 33 next time. I'll be happy (for now) w/ 22 psi and a race chip. I have a RA 106 and lubrant 110. I'm leaning toward the lubrant due to the higher timing. I believe the 106 is a "low timing/high boost" chip.? I just want one 11.99 pass:D and I promise I'll be happy!

Anyone have a link to where I can find Phillips distributors? I've googled my way to absolutely no leads, even after calling a couple places that listed Phillips products. I'd like to find something relatively close and am on the IN/IL border about mid-state. There's a VP distributor close, but I'd like to try the Phillips products also.

Back