So is there a grocery list for the trans rebuild...............

RACEBUICKS

I am ready to build the transmission for my S10 Xtreme6 project. I was wondering what I needed for hard parts......Oh yea Who should I be talking too for the engine combo as well as the trans. I want one vendor and to be my source. Is that an issue? Who should I call...................looking for recomendations

Call dave husek long island turbo buick performance he will take care of all your needs

Well after a long delay this project is back on . I bought hartline engine internals and my machine shop should be done real soon. I need to get the trans together are these places above still the place to talk too about the transmission?

I have used CK parts as per customer request and been happy with the results. My GN had a Lonnie Diers trans in it when I got it and that was an awesome trans. I have talked to Dave Husek on a couple occasions and he is a smart cookie as well. You could not go wrong with any of these guys. :)

Do any of these gentlemen produce their own parts? Is there one supplier that they all use?

I have a trans now but why is the new converter sooo heavy? I thought the idea was to shed weight? ALso I have the core transmission from my deal should I ditch it at BG this year?

Stock diameter TCs are heavy, unless you go with a smaller 10" or 9.5" Non-Lockup type you're not gonna see any real weight reduction.