You can type here any text you want

so what would a leaking fpr diaphram cause.?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

yes when I take off the vac hose fuel comes out of the fitting so I am guessing that its leaking already orderd it but want to know what would be effected ? also not getting any reading s from my iac.yes I took it out and cleaned it with carb and choke cleaner and also the throttle body clean it to . only get readings when I hit the throttle .once I let go of the throttle it goes back to zero . in park and in drve with foot on the brake. it idles high around 1200 -1400 rpms in park . also I went to the vortex site and followed the procedure on how to adjust it and the tps .but still no go .

Last edited:
fix the reg then see where the iac goes . if at 0 at warm idle then either you have a vac leak or you need to close the throttle blade by turning out the screw at the top of throttle bracket

Leaking FPR diaphram has many neg effects ranging from rich idle to incorrect FP @ boost, to possibly a blown motor.
IAC only reading when giving gass is more than likely just an adjustment or leak.

Pacecarta beat me to it. follow his advice. . . . .

iac 0 indicates its fully closed and hasnt managed to get the idle rpm down to spec either because the motor is too rich or theres air coming in somewhere, or the throtle blade is allowing too much air past it (open too far)
fix the reg which is most likely the cause and see where the IAC goes and adjust iac screw if needed to bring it into the 15-20 steps range

Last edited:
ok thanks gonna see what happens when I get the new diaphram .I think it happened when I put the 450 e85 pump before I put a bigger return when I couldnt get my fuel pressure down past 70 psi .thanks guys .for chiming in .

I have another one when I get my diaphragm can I leave the regulator in the car and just take the top half off on the car or do I have to take it all out .

if you can keep from dropping screws you could leave it on the rail

if you pull it youll need to replace the oring that goes into the rail before you put it back because ethanol swells the oring and it will be too large (and soft ) to get it back in without pinching and mostlikely will leak trying to get it back before the ethanol evapoartes out of the oring

All done adjusted iac and tps reset Ecm all is good thanks for all that chimed in .

Yes it did have all those symptoms.it even had a slight almost stall type of miss like when I hit my brakes but all is good again thanks.

Back