So whats the body bushing story?

These cars were the last model for that production line at the time,bodys were attached to frame offset somewhat.Id say it was a come on guys get it done item,this place is closing.Bad employee morale may have played a part,no availability of parts????

suicide six said:
These cars were the last model for that production line at the time,bodys were attached to frame offset somewhat.Id say it was a come on guys get it done item,this place is closing.Bad employee morale may have played a part,no availability of parts????

That theory doesn't fly. The Regal was DESIGNED to be made without those bushings. Those bushings have been missing since the body change in 1981.

I'd like to find an S.A.E. article or something on the exact procedure for determing what postions got the missing bushing on what model. Like I said, I have found some interesting things with the body and frame braces on G-bodies. For example, a GrandPrix got 3 front frame braces ,front and rear body bracing and all of the mounts. One could conclude that the GP should be stiffer or more rigid than a Cutlass that only recieved the 2 front frame braces, front body bracing only and is missing 3 of the lower mounts. Apparently there was some madness to the method. Inquiring minds want to know.

I have a 1981 produced at the Framingham, MA plant - to rule out some of the theories or employee error, which had the 3,4,5 missing, but did have 7.

Round style B-bodies (1994-up Impala SS/lt-1 Caprices) also have the missing lower (10) and, (2) rear upper issue. Most claim that it really tightens car up when they are installed. I put some on my Caprice, and the lowers didnt even touch against frame...so it didnt help at all.

just thinking out loud...

Would there be any benefit to doing a rubber upper/poly lower combo, or rubber under the passenger compartment/poly on the frame ends?

Similar to how some run rubber frame/poly axle bushings as a "poor man's" version of the spherical bearing.