So.....Where was YOUR TB originally purchased??

TacticalGN

I thought Id start something fun. Post up where your Turbo Buick was originally purchased. My GN was originally sold at Masson Buick in Cherry Hill NJ, May 1987.

Last edited:
small world... I've been working in Cherry Hill since 1978

Our GN was sold new at Jack Stevens Buick-Cadillac-GMC, Hamburg NY, still has the tag on the trunk lid.

I thought Id start something fun. Post up where your Turbo Buick was originally purchased. My GN was originally sold at Masson Buick in Cherry Hill NJ, May 1987. Ken
Grew up in Cherry Hill. If Masson was the dealer on the back side of the mall, then back in 1988, they had a GNX there. I passed on it in favor of a 1988 Vette I bought. What a mistake that was [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't have any specifics other than vehiclehistory.com or carfax info. Both reported the same.
'84 was purchased in Dec '83 in Columbia, SC
'85 was purchased in Oct '84 in Chicago, IL

Don't remember the specific dealership which is now out of business anyway but I have a TX car in TX. Sold in San Antonio it now resides in Dallas.

Don't know about my current T but my former gn came from Crest Buick in Woburn, Ma.

According to the dealer invoice I received from GM Media Archives, my car was delivered to Bob Ross Buick of Centerville, OH. I am the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner bought it from owner #1 out of OH who had it for 27 years so I'm making the best guess that it was sold through this same dealership.

Last edited:
I special ordered mine the last week to get an '86 from Richard Motors LTD. in Charles City, IA
I picked it up July 10, 1986 after an 8 week wait with about 3 mi. on the odometer.
I was the first non- employee in the car.
I know it was the first GN they sold and maybe the only, as the salesman had no clue what a GN was. I dealt directly with the General Manager and was given all the literature, brochures and magazine ad reprints.
Ahh, good times.

My 1986 TType was sold new at Ray O Neal Buick in Woodbuary NJ the car is Very rare Gold with black out trim and tan leather love to find the current owner and give the original window sticker to them

Bought mine from the original owner in 1995 with 4700 miles on it. Was in a neighborhood near the Worlds Fair globe made famous in Men in Black movie. It was made in Nov 87 and looks like it sat in the dealership for almost a year. Looks like he paid top dollar for it. I paid 17K for it and probably have twice that in it now!

image.jpeg

Mine was purchased in September 1987 at Cardinal Buick in Manchester, CT. She never left the state of CT until I bought her last year, and I live in a town that's on the MA/CT border. She hasn't strayed far from home... :cool:

Mine was purchased in September 1987 at Cardinal Buick in Manchester, CT. She never left the state of CT until I bought her last year, and I live in a town that's on the MA/CT border. She hasn't strayed far from home... :cool:
I too live in CT, in E. Windsor. I remember driving by Cardinal Buick right around the 1st week of September in 87 when they were getting a trailer load of GN's delivered and thinking that I wish I had a camera. I'll bet your car was on that trailer!!

My 1986 TType was sold new at Ray O Neil Buick in Woodbury NJ the car is Very rare Gold with black out trim and tan leather love to find the current owner and give the original window sticker to them

Cool. I've been dealing with them since about 1980 - the O'Neil's sold the franchise to Barlows and now they have moved down Rte 45 a few blocks. I was there last week and the receptionist was telling me that her husband is looking for a GN right now.
I "test drove" a GN there (right out of the showroom) back when they were new after reading in Car&Driver about what beasts they were :cool:. They also had a GNX around that time, but I have no other details... IIRC it was kept hidden out of the public eye until they sold it.

I too live in CT, in E. Windsor. I remember driving by Cardinal Buick right around the 1st week of September in 87 when they were getting a trailer load of GN's delivered and thinking that I wish I had a camera. I'll bet your car was on that trailer!!

It very well may have been! According to the documentation I have, the original owner took delivery on September 14th!! Pretty cool that you probably saw my car on the hauler. (y)

Mine was originally sold by Stall Buick in Grand Rapids, Mi. which is a few miles from Grand Rapids Auto Classics where I bought it. The original owner lives in GR and I am in a suburb of GR. My point is this car, 1987 T, has not strayed far from home.

Riverside Buick in Columbus Ga. Dealership is long since closed. I remember going down the road sideways the first day...