Solid body mounts and frame bracing?

GS70350

Round Headlights.Like em?
If i remember correctly, our cars have some pretty cushy rubber body mounts, and only have like, 6 out of 14 or something. I know some people put in the "pink" bushings that are supposedly a stiffer rubber. Even stock replacements would be better than the 20 year old ones on my car. I know that they sell the missing body mounts in many different catalogs. My question is sort of budget minded.

What if i were to go to the hardware store, and buy up a bunch of large washers, tack weld em all together to the demensions of the body mount, and then stick this in between the frame and body and screw it all together? wouldn't cost too much, maybe 10 bucks for all the washers. I bet the ride would be rougher but i would also imagine that the overall stiffness of the frame would increase since there is a more solid connection between the frame and body. Anyone tried this, and is it possible?

Also, ive seen somewhere online where a guy made some bolt in frame braces that fit between each frame rail, bolting where the bumper bolts on. He had some explaination about the frame rails acting like tuning forks or something, and connecting them at the end made it like a box instead of a fork.

Instead of bolting something on, what if i just took some box steel and welded it between the two frame rails at the front of the car and at the rear, with some plate steel welded in at angles for strength.
Would this sort of bracing help much? i already have the front factory cutlass braces that create a triangle from the crossmember to the frame rails.

Thanks