Solid body mounts?

84 MCSS

Hey guys Im new to the board here. Although I dont own a GN I got the next best thing which is an 84 Monte SS. Anyway Ive tried to locate some solid body mount bushings for a G-Body car but have come up with nothing. Competition Engineering/BMR Fab/and Energy are the companies Ive tried. Are any of you running them? If so where did you get them? Im trying to avoid using a bunch of washers tack welded together if posiible. Thanks in advance :)

???????????????

This IS a race car, right?? If it isn't and you intend driving it on the street, you'll end up w/ a 3700# vibrator.:eek: Your G/F may really like it, tho..:D :D The last racer I built, I made my own from alum bar stock.
If you want to stiffen the chassis, I'd recommend a poly kit from PST..I have installed several, including my own car.. works great.;)

Re: ???????????????

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
This IS a race car, right?? If it isn't and you intend driving it on the street, you'll end up w/ a 3700# vibrator....
Not to mention a TON of road noise. :eek:

Not to mention the ultimate fatigue and cracking of the body. Tieing the body to the frame stiffens everything up by allowing to body to react loads that normally flex the frame. Sounds great until you realize the body was not designed to handle those new loads. It was only designed to sit on rubber pucks. Going to poly mounts is one things but solid is trouble.