Some auto parts stores replacement parts that work

whitehot1

Here are some good parts with a lifetime warranty that i've found to work well on my 86 T-TYPE. Some i have used for a short time and others i have used for many years without any problems at all. I know some people will say that the parts have to be AC Delco or the car won't run right,but i have not found that to be true. I prefer to only pay once for a part hence the reason i look for the lifetime warranty parts but they have to be good reliable parts or it wouldn't be worth it to have them. If you have a daily driver these parts would be the best bang for the buck. These are the lifetime warranty parts that work.

1.ignition module - Autozone
2.coil pack (BWD) - O'Reilly
3.spark plug wires (Bosch) - Autozone
4.crank sensor (BWD) - O'Reilly
5.throttle position sensor (BWD) - Advance auto parts
6.coolant temperature sensor (BWD) - O'Reilly
7.ecm (BWD) - O'Reilly
8.alternator - Advance auto parts
9.starter (stock replacement) - Autozone

What brand was the ignition module? I assume standard (smp) or borgwarner (bwd).

Good info. Another thing worth noting is that standard now has a budget "T" series on some of their parts. Like a TH49T throttle position sensor. I don't know if the T series is worth a crap but it's something to be aware of, good or bad. Delco parts are becoming discontinued one by one so it won't be long before we have no choice.

I would imagine that to be a wells module repackaged. That's a wells part number. But hey if it works it works.

I should add my info on cam sensors. I purchased a tomco brand cam sensor cap part number 22008 as a backup. Installed it for the hell of it and it's run about 20 hours of mostly open highway cruising with no issues. Has the same hexagonal inspection stamp that i've seen on GM parts before. Retail price under $50 it's a good spare. Cap only though.

I'll also add that I installed a standard PC16 complete cam sensor assembly and have held it side by side with a new delco unit. If they aren't made by the same company I will eat the damn thing.

What brand was the ignition module? I assume standard (smp) or borgwarner (bwd).

Good info. Another thing worth noting is that standard now has a budget "T" series on some of their parts. ...

Standard does have 2 lines of ignition parts.

The "budget", or basic line, is made to OEM specs.

The premium Standard exceeds OEM specs and has a much better warranty.

AC Delco parts have been made in Mexico for a few years, and most of their production is now out of China.

Their stuff from China has almost no warranty, and having has various issues with with their parts, I no longer use any AC Delco parts, especially spark plugs which have been crap for years. :(

I WOULD CHECK WITH JOHN AT CASPERS, I KNOW HE TESTED A FEW DIFFERENT COILS AND MODULES AND SAID THE QUALITY WAS POOR...(THIS WAS A FEW YEARS AGO) MABY JOHN WILL CHIME IN..

My newly acquired casper's coil/module tester claims it won't work with non delco assemblies and i've read where the junkyard hounds have confirmed that. I don't know why it wouldn't work but supposedly it doesn't.

I hope this thread turns into 6 pages of people giving good and bad feedback on aftermarket electrical parts. Would be a good reference thread.

AC Delco o2 sensors SUCK! I bought 3 a couple years ago and all three went to "000" on the scan master under throttle......Switched to a Denso and it is still working perfectly...

GNS

Autozone MAF worked just fine for me when the factory one died
Autozone PCM worked just fine for me as well, but it wasn't the problem so I returned it

I would add:
oil pump booster plate, Advance, P-20I
stock lifters, Autozone, JB-969
stock lifters, Advance, HT-969
hi-rev lifters, Advance, HT-969R
Stock valve spring, Autozone, VS-380
LT-1 valve spring, Oreilly, VS739R

Standard does have 2 lines of ignition parts.

The "budget", or basic line, is made to OEM specs.

The premium Standard exceeds OEM specs and has a much better warranty.

AC Delco parts have been made in Mexico for a few years, and most of their production is now out of China.

Their stuff from China has almost no warranty, and having has various issues with with their parts, I no longer use any AC Delco parts, especially spark plugs which have been crap for years. :(

Nick,

I realize this thread is a few years old, but I bought both the premium SMP ICM and coil pack, have you used this combo and were you satisfied? I purchased these from Rock Auto, because at the time I couldn't find a reasonably price AC Delco set. I found a set, but it was $400 for both.

BWD O-rings. The help section version of Viton o-rings visually look poor. Mold lines and bits that will snag and can cause issues. Its just very difficult to find them since they are behind the parts counter and usually you have to get a good parts guy willing to open up a few boxes to find one that will fit. I have found BWD components to be very good as a whole. Also Spectra radiators. I bought a couple of supposedly "identical" radiators from an Fbody. Spectra by far looked the best.

BWD O-rings. The help section version of Viton o-rings visually look poor. Mold lines and bits that will snag and can cause issues. Its just very difficult to find them since they are behind the parts counter and usually you have to get a good parts guy willing to open up a few boxes to find one that will fit. I have found BWD components to be very good as a whole. Also Spectra radiators. I bought a couple of supposedly "identical" radiators from an Fbody. Spectra by far looked the best.
I put a Spectra radiator in my dying S10. Interestingly enough, my electric fan came on a lot less and I was even able to switch it to a lower speed. I put 1995 Ford Tauras fan in my S10.

I BWD crank sensor and it appears to work just fine. I even probed the input line to the ICM and got a nice square wave.

This thread neads more info or it can't stay in the tech forums. Are 7,8, and 9 new or re manufactured? Who re manufactured them and what parts were updated/replaced. I've found that the last 3 are a total crap shoot when it's a re manufactured unit. Especially alternators and starters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk