Some pics of RX-6...

Turbo RX-6

Rotary Motors Suck
I bought this 87 GXL RX-7 in 97 with over 100K miles with a blown motor for $300...It is a straight car from the south with no rust. It got its first turbo v6 at the end of 98 and now has a 89 TTA motor. I have been throwing money at this car for 12 years now and have been through the thing top to bottom.This was a daily driver for a few years...I drove to the nats from Chicago and back... also from Chicago to Las Vegas...This car was my only form of transportation for two years. I now live back in Chicago and its been sitting at my dads house in Vegas for the last 3 years.. he starts it here and there..I only get to drive it on vacations...I just havent had the time or money to eather drive or ship the car back out here...So there it sits....for now!!

The pics are over a year old...The overspray has been cleaned from the recent paint job ( you get what you pay for) the mustang center caps have been added that I want to get filled in and painted to get rid of the pony!

Attachments

• 1552974_600.jpg
    1552974_600.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 679
  • 1552997_600.jpg
    1552997_600.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 692
  • 1552998_600.jpg
    1552998_600.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 718
  • P1310278.jpg
    P1310278.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 694
  • P1310280.jpg
    P1310280.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 716
A few More...

Attachments

• P1310283.jpg
    P1310283.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 655
  • P1310284.jpg
    P1310284.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 694
  • P1310287.jpg
    P1310287.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 696
Rx-7

i have a Buick powered 88 RX-7 with a Maaco paint job in Ferrari red and having a lot of fun with it. What's the size of your wheel/tire combo? Have u taken it to the track?

Front 245/45/17
Rear 275/40/17
03-04 Mustang GT rims..

I havent had it to the track since it has the new motor...The old combo ran 125mph in the 1/4 with 25lbs on C-16 and less goodies in Bowling Green KY. This combo feels about the same on 19lbs with a 50/50 mix of E85 and 91 in Vegas. So, I am hoping for some good times. The problem is I have never had anything better than a 2.20 60ft. The rear is out of a auto so its a 3.90 gear thats why it has such a tall tire...I dont think you can fit much more under there..But I could be wrong...I want to go with a different rear in the future but would like to keep the independent rear suspension. Maybe a viper, corvette, or cobra mustang rear??

P.S The fronts rub a little bit on VERY hard corners...
With the adj coilovers...Front and rear sway bars and front and rear strut bars the car handles like a go-cart! Just ONE of the reasons I love it so much!

Very nice!!!! where in Chicago are you. One of the first RX7 conversion is still with us here in the Chicago area. It's wrecked in the front. My buddy has it sitting in his garage. It would be nice if you can get it back in the area. The one we have is Black! It would be cool to see both side by side!!

Prasad:cool:

wickedv6,

Right now I am in the Plainfield, Romeoville area. I don't think I will have the car out here until the end of this coming winter. There is no point cause I can't drive it anyways...gotta love Chicago!...So next spring and summer I will have it out and about to different cruise nights, Chicagoland chapter events, and hopefully to the track!

BTW do you have any pics of the black car because I think I remember it from years ago...I wanna say it was built right before mine. If this is the car im thinking of it could have been the first one, because I know when we built mine the only other conversion that I knew of was a black car. I was originally going to do a SBC conversion but after seeing a black RX-7 at the nats with my father in the late 90's the lightbulbs went off!! It happened to work out perfect because he already had a motor sitting in the garage... Was that your car??

Front 245/45/17
Rear 275/40/17
03-04 Mustang GT rims..

I havent had it to the track since it has the new motor...The old combo ran 125mph in the 1/4 with 25lbs on C-16 and less goodies in Bowling Green KY. This combo feels about the same on 19lbs with a 50/50 mix of E85 and 91 in Vegas. So, I am hoping for some good times. The problem is I have never had anything better than a 2.20 60ft. The rear is out of a auto so its a 3.90 gear thats why it has such a tall tire...I dont think you can fit much more under there..But I could be wrong...I want to go with a different rear in the future but would like to keep the independent rear suspension. Maybe a viper, corvette, or cobra mustang rear??

P.S The fronts rub a little bit on VERY hard corners...
With the adj coilovers...Front and rear sway bars and front and rear strut bars the car handles like a go-cart! Just ONE of the reasons I love it so much!

i bought my 88 RX7 already done (not a wrencher) he installed a Ford 8.8 and a 200r4 billet tranny and seems to run well and scary fast with a simple tune (76 turbo/TT/MAF) but he didn't do a very good job on the electrical wiring as my friend is trying to fix it now. As for the suspension he did install a coil over set up but is too jarring when you hit a pot hole this is another area we will be workin on. Thanks for the infos on the wheels and tires i'm def. gonna look for the same set up provided it won't rub.

As for the suspension he did install a coil over set up but is too jarring when you hit a pot hole this is another area we will be workin on. Thanks for the infos on the wheels and tires i'm def. gonna look for the same set up provided it won't rub.

This tire combo only rubs a little bit in the front on VERY hard corners which could be adjusted with the coilovers..As for the "jarring" when you hit "pot holes"...I don't know what you can do about that...I can tell you what I did tho...I bought a Cadillac as a daily driver...You get what you get:D:D

That looks just like the car sitting in my driveway, thanks for stealing my log on name.

Dad

Rx-7

This tire combo only rubs a little bit in the front on VERY hard corners which could be adjusted with the coilovers..As for the "jarring" when you hit "pot holes"...I don't know what you can do about that...I can tell you what I did tho...I bought a Cadillac as a daily driver...You get what you get:D:D

been a while since i responded to you buddy a couple of things done to my 7 lately, i kept the 235x50x15 tires on BBS, installed new racing seats with cut outs for the 5 point harness (mid priced vinyl) and resolved the suspension jarring issues for $15.00 from Pep Boys:biggrin: we inserted a couple of rubber insert in between the coils and it eliminated the jarring issues and still does 60's in the 1.6 to 1.7+ range on foot brake. I took it to Atco Raceway on the last day of the racing season last December and ran 10.8, 10.3, and 10.2 over 130s in the quarter 18-20 lbs. Mixed pump gas and C116.

That looks just like the car sitting in my driveway, thanks for stealing my log on name.

Dad

Hey Dad what do ya want for the car :confused:.. Get it out of the driveway !!! It's an eyesore for the poor neighbors :wink:

Dad

I came up with turborx6 over 10 years ago... Just look at my first Illinois plate TRBORX-6... You lost interest in TB's years ago... Time to create a new username... You cant be RX6 or Turbo RX-6 or anything for that matter if you don't own a TB or a TB powered vehicle ....:confused: I wish you wouldn't have posted all this political mumba jumba under my name... I don't get how you start up another user name with MY car and call yourself RX6 with a pic of MY car as your avatar??????????? I understand my brother and I wouldn't have what we have if it wasn't for you..... but...... C'mon man!