You can type here any text you want

Something to laugh/cry over. Ebay item #330186656184

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I never even noticed the link on Post #10. Sorry, but I was so shocked at the first one, I never looked for another. :smile:

Here's my Question- Is the car in Post 10 with the LS1 Engine Considered to be a "Wiggered, or White Trash?? Or perhaps, Both?

At least with 22 inch wheels you dont have to jack it up to change the oil:biggrin:
I believe westech did a comparo on ls1 engines for Car Craft. They made more power with carb setup:eek: Put a turbo on it and see what it does:biggrin:

I don't know what V8 is in it now, but I can't see an LS1 because he said he spent 5K on engine and transmission and the engine is new. I don't know that you could buy the two for 5K and if that $900 carb is included... I really don't think it's an LS1. Prolly a typical Caprice 305/350 and wouldn't hold a candle to a stock GN.

It's definitley an LS engine, not sure if it's the actual LS1 346 cube engine....or it might even be a 4.8 truck engine for all I know...

And why did this kid carb an otherwise good fuel injected LS1? Who in the **** would CARB an LS1 like that? That kid is a total fool. Now, instead of it being a really good engine, it's just another tired old chevy 350, just like the rest of em.
I think it's because most are afraid of having to wire up the engine to the car in terms of fuel injection....so a carb simplifies that...though the LS engines themselves are a very efficient design, they are probably not as efficient as they once were when the fuel injection is removed and the carb goes on.

I myself want to get my hands on an LS1 for a transplant (not into a factory turbo Buick thorough) but I'd want to keep the fuel injection if at all possible.

And why did this kid carb an otherwise good fuel injected LS1? Who in the **** would CARB an LS1 like that? That kid is a total fool. Now, instead of it being a really good engine, it's just another tired old chevy 350, just like the rest of em.

Ive been told that the LS1 motors pick up more power with a carb and matching intake over the stock intake running EFI.. Plus the fact that you dont have to wire in a ecm or harness, yep its back to basics! :smile:

Have you priced a F.A.S.T. intake for a LS1 MOTOR?

Buddy of mine just put together a LS1 in a pinto, with a carb and its gonna be stupid.

I think back in 98 there were a few articles explaining how well the new designed heads flow more than the old ones.

Here is a simple test

Carbureting an LS1 - Tech Article - Chevy High Performance Magazine

Take it easy

BW

carbs are nice, but im not soo sure (for a typical daily driver) that a carbed engine is going to beat a factory LS1 for efficiency and power. LS1 f bodies are dam quick from the factory, and take next to nothing to make REAL quick. theyre pretty fool proof from what ive seen. to go and yank the whole top end off of one, is sorta takin a step back in my opinion. but remember, its just an opinion :)

The carb set up on an LS1 does make more power. It will cut down on economy, but that is the last thing on your mind running a TH350, and racing it. As far as eating GN's for lunch, maybe some, not all. That is the beauty of these cars, half the people think they are 14 sec pig bins, and the other half had an uncle that had one that ran 10's with only a chip. I want to put an LS1 or even an LT1 in a Regal for a cool cruiser, and if I ran across a T-Type or GN cheap enough, I would use it, I wouldn't pull the LC2 for it though. The only thing I would feel bad about would be the 26's and the giant Superman sticker I would put on it, but that is just how we do.:biggrin:

Back