You can type here any text you want

Soooo any TTAs @ BG ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Two of us kicked some major boootie ;)

Joe ran like an 11.2x on Teusday. I'll let him fill out the rest.

I ran a 10.90 on drag radials, and a 10.92 on slicks. The slicks run I went 126.41. I'll post the results tommorrow.

93 octane and alky.. 10.90's... SWEEEEET :D

Great times RAZOR! I want an alky kit, if you will come install it heheh:D

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN

All ya have to do is pay expenses ;)

:D

Dont tempt me,,,,,,,,,Ill fly ya up and we can super tune:D

You need to come see the indians in Kansas.:eek:

Ty

Originally posted by JOHNDEEREGN

just gimme a call. I can help ya intall it over the phone. I know that kit INTIMATELY now.

I can also tell you exactly what NOT to do when hooking it up.

:rolleyes:

:D

Pics!!! Videos!!! where are they! come on boys get with it! :D I'll be there next year for sure! Hopefully with the GN and TTA :cool:

Thanks Freak:D

Jim,,remember we are staying together. NOT with Travis:mad:

I don't have the slip in front of me but as Julio said, first pass off the trailer I had a 11.2x @ 123.46 mph 1/4 and a 7.1x @ 98.89 mph 1/8...this pass on a 1.74 short time:) The second pass right off the line 2 headgaskets let go and I was done. Seven hours later and with the help of a bunch of good friends (both local and abroad) the motor was up and running. Later that night while putting some highway miles on it I noticed the oil pressure was lower than should be. The next morning (Wed) I dropped the oil pan and found the p/u tube had gasket material on it as well as copper stuck to the magnet in the bottom of the pan. Needless to say I pushed it back into the trailer and stayed drunk and full (thanks poppa John) the rest of the week! What sucks is this motor was just built in March:( Anyhow, that's racing.... it will be up and running before Noble. This go around will be a block girdle and MAYBE a different brand of headgaskets. I'm also exploring the idea of drilling out the block and retapping it for a larger diameter headbolt (5/16)...anyone know anything about this?

I saw a total of 4 TTA's there. I guess yours joe was the one I saw in the trailer with Kansas plates. I saw Julio's 10.90 pass, there was another one I saw for sale but not racing, and a 4th that was racing alot.
I didn't realize yours had cloth interior, my buddy is wanting a rarer TTA with cloth and he nor I have ever seen a cloth interior one in person.

TTA

mine was there near joe's no racing but atleast there

My TTA was down due to a low oil pressure problem that I fingered out. Yes it's a cloth "festival" car with 16k miles...I think it was #164 at Indy that year.

I'm also exploring the idea of drilling out the block and retapping it for a larger diameter headbolt (5/16)...anyone know anything about this?

I dont think thats a good idea, I had a spare block that someone had cross threaded a head bolt in, so they tried to helicoil the hole to fix it. Wrong! The block has hardly any material around the bolt holes, because the bolt holes go into the coolant jacket. I have a nice chunk of block material that just broke off because it was so thin. Off the top of my head I cant remember how big they took the hole to, so you might be ok with 5/16, but I just know that I had a very bad experience with it.

Back