South Florida: Paint and Body: GN finally getting some much needed lobe

turbo96max

Im making this thread to track the paint and body work of my 86 Gn. Perhaps some of the local guys can use this as a reference for future needed body/paint work.
After getting several out of control pricey estimates, I took a risk and found a very experienced gentleman starting his own shop w alot of restoration experience and expertise willing to be reasonable in price.

I will provide contact details for those that request it.

- bad rust on the lower doors (holes through the door ): )
-rust spots on the floor board , driver, some passenger , pretty random spots
- rear trunk area and lid has some holes
- a pillars show some rusting under seals
- rear roof oem attachment section near rear window is bubbling up
- rust in front right a pillar area behind the fender near ac parts
- previous paint was crap and has alot of chicken feet

i will post some previous pics and some after shots, and along the way :D

these are my first for now:this is the progress of day 1

IMG00232-20120123-1817.jpg

IMG00231-20120123-1817.jpg

IMG00230-20120123-1816.jpg

this guy has made the lower doors from scratch sheet stainless and its nice and thick. this is 3 days worth of work. he will be using paint remover to srip the paint off the entire car pretty much. he will also be using rust treatment and paint the inside of the doors once all the welding and fabing is done.

need some parts incase anyone has some, driver corner lamp, front and rear bumper trims(plastic thingys), and door seals

keep them coming if looks great those guy are doing a hell of a job those doors looks like a pain in the a good lock thanks for the picks it will be sweet when it is don .

Damn! Those guys do nice work. My body shop would have told me to buy new doors...
Also, my shop would not have been "reasonably" priced having to do that kind of work...
Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks great so far...:cool:

Damn! Those guys do nice work. My body shop would have told me to buy new doors...
Also, my shop would not have been "reasonably" priced having to do that kind of work...
Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks great so far...:cool:

yeah most other places wanted me to find new clean doors, rear trunk lid, im posting pics of the work on the trunk lid soon. old cuban guy, they dont sell made door skins in cuba lol so he learned to work with metal ;)

Here are a few update pics, Im having a hard time getting these guys to finish mines ... work is awesome but its a new shop so they have a bit ways to go on the professionalism aspect and following through.. Waiting on them to do my floor pans (which they are trying to get out of) and fix a few dings/chips the car has gotten while in their shop, final buff and done.

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

Got a few things re-chromed while i was at it :) all the visor stuff and rear hangers, only took these 2 pics
IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg