You can type here any text you want

Spark plugs cross reference (GN1 heads)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm currently use 103s in my GN1 but looks like they might be too cold of a plug for this motor. Looking for a hotter plug.

I use 103 for race and 104 for daily driving I think they are hotter plug that is the 104.

Steve

I would call Tom at Champion and ask him if you can put a gasketed plug instead of tapered seat plug. A tapered seat plug on a aluminum head will ruin the plug sealing surface of the head.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I would call Tom at Champion and ask him if you can put a gasketed plug instead of tapered seat plug. A tapered seat plug on a aluminum head will ruin the plug sealing surface of the head.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Really??...I've been using tapered seat plugs (103's...NGK's..etc) for years now on my GN1's(with many...many plug changes) and the plug sealing surface on the heads are fine...

Are the Autolite 103s the same heat range as AC-CR43TS?

The CR43ts's are completely the wrong plug for the aluminum head. They are a much shorter reach than the Autolite 103's. If you want a little hotter plug, use the 104.

NGK V-groove FR5 plugs also work well with these heads, and they are priced right.

Thanks Jack. That's what Tom said too "use the 104s".

Another question Jack...on a stock head motor the 104s heat range = what AC delco plug (CR43TS)?

Walter,
I've used Autolite 23 Colder for race, and daily driving #25 for steel headed motors.

Steve :smile:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Really the 103s are tapered? Both Jack and Tom recommend the 103s.

Back