You can type here any text you want

Speaker question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CruznTType

This board really rocks with great info and help. Following some past threads on how to get the system for you. I found some help but am still left with this - Will I be able to tell the difference between a good single 5 1/4 in my front concert sound doors over a good 5 1/4 componet system for the doors? Also I think I read that Infinity Kapps would fit in the concert doors-right?
Thanks
John.

Originally posted by CruznTType
Will I be able to tell the difference between a good single 5 1/4 in my front concert sound doors over a good 5 1/4 componet system for the doors?

Yes. Anything is better than stock. But with a 5 1/4" driver the mid bass won't be that great but you will have nice clean mids and highs with component speakers.

components are the best bang for the buck upgrade youve got. if your really persistant on sound quality, make sure to follow manufacturer specs on tweeter placement though. Most people think that you just mount the tweeter as close to your head as you can and call it a day. Every component set has a distance that the tweeter is supposed to stay within to prevent them from being out of phase of eachother. Its nothing the human ear can really tell a difference on, mind you, but just something to take into mind. The flat spot on the lower door panel is usually a good place, depending on if you have power options and what not. Ive dont a few that had the mirror adjust lever on the driver door, and just mounted it a few inches ahead of that, and it sounds fine, same placement on the other side as well.

Back