You can type here any text you want

Speaker Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ONLYAV6

Hey Guys,

I have the concert sound in my turbo limited and just installed new 5 1/4 Kappa 52.7i speakers in the doors. I am having a problem when I put the screws in you see sparks it grounds out then no sound at all in any of the speakers when I loosen the speaker screws all speakers work again why is this happing has anyone had this problem.

Thanks Patrick

Hey Guys,

I have the concert sound in my turbo limited and just installed new 5 1/4 Kappa 52.7i speakers in the doors. I am having a problem when I put the screws in you see sparks it grounds out then no sound at all in any of the speakers when I loosen the speaker screws all speakers work again why is this happing has anyone had this problem.

Thanks Patrick

If you turn the speaker around check to see if the voice coil leads is touching the basket of the speaker.

Hey Guys,

I have the concert sound in my turbo limited and just installed new 5 1/4 Kappa 52.7i speakers in the doors...

You do know those are 2 ohm speakers? Is you radio/amp capable of driving a 2 ohm load?

David

Of course. Just trying to prevent a mistake that will cause problems down the road. :wink:

David65

If he is using the stock dash 3.5" and adding a new 4 ohm speaker in the door it will not go down to a 2 ohm load because the stock dash speakers is a 6 ohm speaker.

Speakers

Thanks guys I will check to see if they are touching the doors. Thease speakers have 4 wire connectors 2 for the cone and 2 for the tweeter they are atached to a inline crossover.

You'll like those Kappa's. I recently put all Kappa's in my Blazer and they sound awesome.

Speaker Problem Still There

I am still having a problem with my door speakers, if I take out the speaker it works fine if I touch the door jam with the speaker it sparks and no sound in any speakers then when I move the speaker and it doesn’t touch any metal they all start to work. I called Infinity the guy said I have a ground problem but this never happened with my stock speakers where should I start to look I already removed the speaker from the door and It sounds great until I screw in the screws no sound at all.

Thanks Patrick

The speaker is bad.

Did you check if the voice coils are not touching the basket?

These are brand new. I bought off of ebay, I used plastic washers on the speaker before I installed the screws and no more problem so far, but this should not be this way to solve this but I dont know why this is douing that.

Thank Patrick

These are brand new. I bought off of ebay, I used plastic washers on the speaker before I installed the screws and no more problem so far, but this should not be this way to solve this but I dont know why this is douing that.

Thank Patrick

If you can return it. The voice coil is shorting to the basket of the speaker so it's no good. It's up to you leave it or return it. The worse thing that could happen is that you can short out the deck :eek:

Thanks for the info I don’t think I can return them the guy might think I did something to the speakers. I will be installing the passenger side this weekend I want to see what happens to that side will let you know how it goes

Thanks Patrick

Does the speaker have male speaker terminals? If it does look at the speaker terminal and see it the solder or voice coil is touching the basket. I see this happen may times.

Back