You can type here any text you want

speakers and there quality

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojitsu85

O.K. I'm new to the car audio forum here and I have recently got an urge to upgrade my speakers. In the front deck lid I have 2 4 1/2" Rockford Fozgates (got them as a present) that I want to get rid of they put out more bass then any other of my speakers and it really sounds like crap to me. In the doors I have 6" or 6 1/2" Kenwoods that I'm going to keep in there. While in the back decklid I have 4" x 10" Kenwoods that I would like to replace with 6" x 9" speakers. What is a good quality speaker for the front and back. I listen to all types of music so I'm looking for a well rounded speaker. I'm not looking to spend alot of money but I don't have a tight budget either. What type of speakers is everyone running and what do you guys recommend? I would like advice from you guys because you know what sounds good in these cars. Also the head unit is staying it's a Sony Xplode CD player that I like alot. Thanks in advance.

n the front deck lid I
I think you mean 3 1/2's. The Rockford 3 1/2's are good speakers provided they are not already damaged. They are probably distorting because they are trying to play frequencies that they were not designed to do. Get a passive crossover (200 - 300 uf cap) and put it n the positive lead of each 3 1/2 speaker. Any good car stereo shop will know. Why in the world these speaker comapnies do not provide a cap is beyond me. In the long run it would probably save them money on returns.

Is there a place online that I could pick up a cople of passive crossovers? Also what type of 6x9 do you recommend for the back speakers.

Hey, your about 5 minutes away from me. Email me, I have a bunch of them in the garage.

Back