You can type here any text you want

Speedometer and chip functions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rb68rr

If the speedometer and Scanmaster mph suddenly stop working will this effect the way the chip performs? Fueling, timing etc.? Thanks, R.B.

If the speedometer and Scanmaster mph suddenly stop working will this effect the way the chip performs? Fueling, timing etc.? Thanks, R.B.

Should only effect torque converter lock-up, as in won't lock.

Joe

Careful!

I have a TT chip and Eric had to reprogram mine because my VSS isnt working (speedo and MPH on scanmaster)

He said with it not working, not to floor it.
Get your chip reprogrammed! Talk to eric!

PS.. i think this is SPECIFIC to TT chips... so thats why it may not have been known.

Careful!

I have a TT chip and Eric had to reprogram mine because my VSS isnt working (speedo and MPH on scanmaster)

He said with it not working, not to floor it.
Get your chip reprogrammed! Talk to eric!

PS.. i think this is SPECIFIC to TT chips... so thats why it may not have been known.

So if your VSS quits on you, don't floor it !
.....as in it could cause Engine Damage :confused:

Joe

With a turbo tweak chip, I guess it will put too much timing in 3rd/4th, which could possibly cause some problems depending on how much boost you are running.
Again, Eric is the one to ask , as he is the one who programs those things, but all I know is that he told me not to put the pedal to the metal until he fixed that in the programming.

humm. i would like for eric to clear this up. My speedo Cable snaped and stoped working. Just wondering before i put the new motor in whats up.

There are some differences in fuel and timing based on mph, but nothing major.
The biggest thing is the false knock ignore feature uses mph as an input. So if that input is inaccurate, it may ignore knock when we don't want it to.
For a lot of the extra features in my chip to work, the ecm needs the mph (vss) input.

Eric, my speedopmeter is reading correctly now after replacing the lower cable. However, the Scanmaster is reading incorrectly. When I'm going 65mph by the speedometer the Scanmaster reads 40mph. Which is the chip using? It seems to be running lean looking at the o2's. I'm running the race chip you made for me on the street but have lowered the timing. The wot fueling is set to the default of 128. But even at 16lbs of boost the 02's will read in the 750's at the top of second and third gear. Shouldn't it be running rich with the fueling set for 25lbs of boost and only running 16lbs of boost? Confused, R.B.

The chip is using the reading you see on the scanmaster. The chip was already adjusted previously for the error, so you're good there.
It should be quite rich with the boost that low. So either the O2 reading is wrong, or something is going on in the fuel system, or the MAF is reading too low (should be hitting 255 at full boost).

Newly rebuilt motor, AF 255 at wot, new Walbro 340, new 02 sensor, etc. How can you find out if the o2 readings are wrong? Chip settings: (1)128 (2)125 (3)104 (4)104 . With these settings the 02's this morning on the Scanmaster were 753 at the top of 2nd gear! I would have thought they would have been more like 850 at those settings.

Would Directscan's 02 readings be different than my Scanmasters? Confused! R.B.

Back