You can type here any text you want

Spoiler on a non spoiler car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

I've been wanting a spoiler on my car forever. If you were to put a spoiler on a non spoiler car would you use
an original 5 piece or are the aftermarket ones cool?
Im not trying to be cheap,just dont want to waste money.
Any pics of a spoiler non car would be appreciated.

I have a 87 T someone also installed a factory rear spoiler I actually prefer the car without the spoiler

Attachments

• 20181124_132343.jpg
    20181124_132343.jpg
    774.9 KB · Views: 149
I have a 87 T someone also installed a factory rear spoiler I actually prefer the car without the spoiler
I think your right
But whats with the exhaust tips on that?
Might look better with stock tips?
Mines is close in color also
thanks for the replies. I dont want to regert this decision.

I think your right
But whats with the exhaust tips on that?
Might look better with stock tips?
Mines is close in color also
thanks for the replies. I dont want to regert this decision.
I just bought the car it was sitting 15 years I has a bunch of old school parts and yes the exhaust is getting replaced ! And probably going to remove the spoiler weld the holes up and repaint the whole car

I'm in the no spoiler crowd. But keep in mind, a couple of things do change that. The power level and intentions for the car? At a certain point you're gonna need a spoiler for downforce.

use double side tape. it will work. then no holes an can be removed.

Years back someone mention about adding a spoiler and found this picture, and no it's not car the 2nd and 3rd picture is mine car with an Kenne Bell spoiler

Attachments

• big-wing2.jpg
    big-wing2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 87 GN 3 piece Rims.jpg
    87 GN 3 piece Rims.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 113
  • 87 GN 072A.jpg
    87 GN 072A.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 112
Ya, after the buck fifty mark...…...

A friend has a 2/3 scale hydroplane boat. His top speed is about 130 mph and doesn't have the horizontal section of the spoiler /wing as there is no benefit below 150 mph, just added weight.

It seems the rear spoilers were available as an option in '87 but not in '86.
--- WARNING --- this statement may or may not be true.

I have an 87 T without the spoiler. My experience is the only person who would notice the spoiler is you. Everyone else does not notice it at all. I recommend using the double stick tape and enjoy the look of your car as you like it.

Personally I think the Ts look better without them (other than the WH1 which came with the spoiler). I think Spoolfool makes a one piece version of the original spoiler and would be a simpler install. It is just for looks, no rear aero benefit to them. Have seen one or two custom spoilers built off of the original, like Detroit Dick's GNX2.
GNX2.jpg

Looks wise it did a lot for my car

That inch or 2 lip off the deck lid really does a lot for ass end appearance

Years back someone mention about adding a spoiler and found this picture, and no it's not car the 2nd and 3rd picture is mine car with an Kenne Bell spoiler

I believe thats is from a Trans Am.. Think I have some in my attic from way back.

Yup, there was one of those on a friend of mine's low mile GN when he bought it. Everyone hated it. He finally got rid of it and went to the stock one.

Back