You can type here any text you want

Sprayin LS1 Radial vs. Radial

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
So I got called out to go run an LS1 trans am, heads up, hoods shut, for $. But there were stipulations, they wanted me on pump gas, on a radial, and I was gonna drive over an hour to get out to their spot...

Well thats what I did sat night. LOL! I drove about an hour and a half to meet up with them around 11:00pm at their spot. I let my car cool down for about 30min, and then it was off to race, but their spots were being patrolled by the fuzz, and I was getting concerned that my trans was getting heat soaked from all the driving araound (cause it don't like to shift hot!) but just wanted to get the damn race off. We finally after 45min. stopped at a spot to do it. I Figured I was gonna leave easy, so I didn't even drop any air pressure from my 275-60-15 BFG Drag Radials, meanwhile LS1 dude lowers his tire pressure, checks bottle pressure, and fiddles with his laptop for 10minutes. 1/4mile gets marked out, and we line up. I did a baby burn out and rolled out just to warm them a little, and we staged. I launched at anout 3-5psi and hammered the pedal about 20ft out. I pulled about 2 cars in 1st gear, but then my trans didn't want to shift so I had to let off, at which point he was back on my bumper. The stock 200R4 finally found second gear, I hammered down again (boost dropped to 0 in the meantime, but shot right back up) and pulled 2 cars in second gear no problem. Then I backed out of it to play safe on the 2-3 shift again, rolled into the gas once the shift was complete, and pulled third gear out to stay about 2-3 cars ahead.

:D :D :D :D

Everyone seemed to have some trouble believing that I ran around this guy, but they paid, and I was on my way!

I had a good time! :cool:

-Cliff

well congrats!

must be nice to get called out just to go take their money even when the car isnt performing 100%

good kill... did you ever get a list of mods or hear anything done to his car?

id imagine you have some serious work done though too

Great kill. Either your car is real fast or that was a terrible driver. I raced a 99 SS with 100 shot and lost by several car lengths and my car ran 12.30-50s at 113 mph. His car ran 11.8s @ 117-118 mph on Nitto D/Rs. This made me toss the V2 S-trim supercharger in favor of the T-76 Turbo.

Keep killing them. I'm going hunting when my heads come back from Merkel's.

I was hoping that once I got a nitrous kit I wouldn't have to worry about you TB guys; guess it'll take more than that.:(
Good kill!:D

you forgot the important part! how much did you make? thats the way races should be, if your going to race on the street (STUPID STUPID STUPID) make it for money, thats the only way i'll do it anymore.

"I was hoping that once I got a nitrous kit I wouldn't have to worry about you TB guys; guess it'll take more than that. "
wait till you run into a nitroused tb, i only run 40 hp off the line, and i have droped 1 second in my 1/4 times. granted i can't spool up for nothing without it, but even still.

Originally posted by I eat Z06
Get the trans in 100% (or close) working order, then go prowl for cash.

Nick

Hopefully tonight I will be installing the new trans, since the aforementioned model finally grenaded totally sunday night.

:D

Back