You can type here any text you want

spring help.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

carrddine

boost junky
Can you guys give me some suggestions on finding some springs to lower my car from factory height? I want to lower the car about 1" someone suggested eibach but did not mention part# or size ?????? was also curious about what you guys can tell me about drag springs will they lower the car?how will they affect handling? I will also be adding airbags to the car at the same time as the springs......thanks for the help....

I'm running the Moog 5660 springs in front. With the SC&C stage 2 package it sits pretty low. If you want I can get you actual measurements on ride height. The car sat slightly higher before the stage 2, but was still lower than stock.

For rears, I'm running the G-body cargo coils, which seemed to be about stock height. If you wanted to set the rear height to fit your needs you could always pick up an f-body spring isolator and set of rear cargo coils, then trim them to desired height.

I have MOOG replacement springs in the front and rear for a 80's El Camino. Dont know part numbers though. Mine is about 1 inch lower front and back

carrddine said:
Can you guys give me some suggestions on finding some springs to lower my car from factory height? I want to lower the car about 1" someone suggested eibach but did not mention part# or size ?????? was also curious about what you guys can tell me about drag springs will they lower the car?how will they affect handling? I will also be adding airbags to the car at the same time as the springs......thanks for the help....
------------------------------
Tim:
Eibach has 2 different lowering sets for our cars, 1: about an inch lower, and 2: about 2.5" lower, and the 2.5 is generally considered too much. Shox.com is located right by you guys, maybe El Cajon, or somewhere right around the S.D. area. There are a lot of threads on TBS.com and here on this subject. Might pay to do your homework on this. I lowered 1 of my turbo Buick cars and did not like it. HTH
http://www.shox.com/manufacturers.php4
Thanks again for your asistance out there on dyno day.

Back