Spur of the moment track decision...

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
I went out to the drag strip the other night to spectate and out of the blue I decided to run the car without slicks...just regular all season radial tires. I done some data log tests because I had just changed my camshaft out from a 226-226 to a milder 212-212. The 226 cam had .5775 lift and the 212 cam has .5692 lift at the valve. I needed to do some tuning to the fuel tables without getting caught by the police on the public highways.

I made 4 runs and on one run I didn't get to full throttle until 81 mph and the car still ran 99mph with a 2.13 60' in the 8th mile. Now, I'm wondering what the car would actually do with slicks and at WOT all the way down! Probably not a whole lot more...:rolleyes:

BTW, part of the run was on 87 octane without alky...I swear on my mothers grave I'm telling the truth!:eek:

timeslipsRadialTires.jpg

TestNTune99mphRadialTires.gif

Approx.11.9-12.0@125mph. 10.70 with slicks

Approx.11.9-12.0@125mph. 10.70 with slicks

Yeah...too bad the car slowed down after building an all out aluminum headed stroker engine.:rolleyes: Stock engine configurations perform better/dollar or I just don't have enough boost on this one.;)

Yeah...too bad the car slowed down after building an all out aluminum headed stroker engine.:rolleyes: Stock engine configurations perform better/dollar or I just don't have enough boost on this one.;)

Throw some boost at it while you have some traction. Id bet it will go very low 10's if you hit it hard. Fwiw without alky im at about 66%dc running 11.3:1 and plan on running 131-132mph at 25-26psi on the build in my sig. With alky i have no feedback yet.

So why did you swap cams?

Swapping the 226 cam for the smaller 212 made the car have much better drivability and it's easier to keep tuned for all around daily driving. In other words, I don't have to change AE fuel tables all the time. When going 40mph in 3rd gear I'd have to richen it at 1500-1700RPM and then when I got out on the highway in 4th at 1600-1800rpm I'd have to lean it out or the car would run 12.5 to 13.5 AFR. I prefer 15.5 to 16.5 while cruising in OD. After the cam change, the AFR stays where I like it (nearly all the time) so I don't have to take my laptop with me every time I have to drive the car. The car is 99.9% street driven.

What track are you running?

These timeslips were at New Bern Dragway.