SR7 Performance - anyone here dealt with them?

How was the unit operating when you installed it, good engagement & shift ok? Fluid burnt? New converter? Flush the trans cooler?

Worked well, stepped on it a LITTLE, about 2/3 throttle, third did not engage. Let off the gas third engaged. Then no reverse. All forward gears drive fine under normal driving. Although the shift from second to third is almost unnoticeable.

This whole car has 100 ish miles on it, all parts are new.

Guess it will go to Cahall as soon as I can get it out, damn near had a heat stroke putting it in yesterday. Heat index was 118.

David

This is sicking to read, that is beyond back luck, you were blatantly screwed again by them for probably letting everyone know what type of shop they really are.

I wouldn't bother spending the shipping money to have it sent back and forth for warranty work. Send it off and have the new shop tell you what the deal was and burn a hole in the cause of your problem on the net and hopefully September will be a really really slow month for them.

Since I started the thread that perpetuated this 5hitstorm, I feel obligated to the board and to David (FASTFATBOY) to make the following post.

I never intended for this to pit one vendor against another. I merely wanted to find out if other's had had problems (or successes) with SR7 Performance. That information would give me (and David) a feel for whether or not this lack of customer service was an isolated incident (which can happen to the best of vendors) or a pattern of behavior and "taillight warranty" policy.

While I don't think I've met more than a handful of the members of this board face-to-face, anyone who's dealt with me knows that I am honest to a fault. I've bought and sold parts on all of the TR boards, I use my real name in my signature and I use the same screenname on all the boards. I've never screwed anyone on these boards and the one time I got screwed (Kyle Moran ring a bell with anyone?) the members of this board tried everything in their power to help me out.

Why am I telling you all of this? So that when I now vouch for David's integrity it'll carry at least some small amount of weight. I've known David since we were kids (and we're OOOOOLD now!) and in all that time, I've never seen him do things any way but THE RIGHT WAY! Always has, always will. He's a former TR guy, too, so don't think he's just "F-body trash":eek: stirring up trouble (j/k Dave).

David's tried his best to handle this. He even sent SR7 more money than they agreed on (and against his better judgement, I might add) just to try to do the right thing. He feared he'd end up with a junk tranny for his efforts and it appears that is exactly what happened.

Dave, I apologize for talking you into sending SR7 good money on top of bad instead of putting it toward a new tranny the way you wanted to. Guess I bought into Scott's line of B.S., too.

Another expensive lesson at the School of Hard Knocks...:mad:

Since I started the thread that perpetuated this 5hitstorm, I feel obligated to the board and to David (FASTFATBOY) to make the following post.

I never intended for this to pit one vendor against another. I merely wanted to find out if other's had had problems (or successes) with SR7 Performance. That information would give me (and David) a feel for whether or not this lack of customer service was an isolated incident (which can happen to the best of vendors) or a pattern of behavior and "taillight warranty" policy.

While I don't think I've met more than a handful of the members of this board face-to-face, anyone who's dealt with me knows that I am honest to a fault. I've bought and sold parts on all of the TR boards, I use my real name in my signature and I use the same screenname on all the boards. I've never screwed anyone on these boards and the one time I got screwed (Kyle Moran ring a bell with anyone?) the members of this board tried everything in their power to help me out.

Why am I telling you all of this? So that when I now vouch for David's integrity it'll carry at least some small amount of weight. I've known David since we were kids (and we're OOOOOLD now!) and in all that time, I've never seen him do things any way but THE RIGHT WAY! Always has, always will. He's a former TR guy, too, so don't think he's just "F-body trash":eek: stirring up trouble (j/k Dave).

David's tried his best to handle this. He even sent SR7 more money than they agreed on (and against his better judgement, I might add) just to try to do the right thing. He feared he'd end up with a junk tranny for his efforts and it appears that is exactly what happened.

Dave, I apologize for talking you into sending SR7 good money on top of bad instead of putting it toward a new tranny the way you wanted to. Guess I bought into Scott's line of B.S., too.

Another expensive lesson at the School of Hard Knocks...:mad:

Yeh I should have left that trans out there and put the money towards a new one with Cahall, I picked the lesser of two evel's and it bit me... AGAIN!

Well the decision to send the money was ultimately mine. Richard and I have known each other since little league baseball, he for one knows I am telling and have told the truth in this post. And do anywhere I am for that matter.

The trans was pushing fluid out of the"puke tube" on the top of the trans on the very first test drive. I filled it with 12 quarts of fluid, 6 quarts before start up and filled the rest with it idling. It showed to be overfull buy a quart or so so I drained it out and it was right on the full mark on the next test drive. 15 miles later, no reverse.

It is kinda weird though, usually when you lose reverse in a 4L60E you will loose one forward gear also, I have not.

This goes to show you how much a a shyster(sp?) Scott Seven is.

To add insult to injury, while driving it home my oil pressure went in the toilet, 20 psi driving, 0 hot idling...guess what that means.

Gotta be some relief in sight SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

David

The SR7 POOFORMANCE trans lasted a grand total of 18 miles, reverse is out.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

David

I'm really sorry to hear that FASTFATBOY. Some things never change. Forget the warranty. It would just add salt to your wounds. I do feel your pain. The SR7 Website looks like its a reputable company but its still just MR SCOTT SEVEN in disguise playing his same ol Vegas mentallity scam, just somewhere else in Northern Nevada now. I wonder if thats even his real name. All we can do is learn from our mistakes and hopefully let others know of this sheister.
Again Im sorry to hear this. It opens up some old wounds.

Luke

Yeh I should have left that trans out there and put the money towards a new one with Cahall, I picked the lesser of two evel's and it bit me... AGAIN!

Well the decision to send the money was ultimately mine. Richard and I have known each other since little league baseball, he for one knows I am telling and have told the truth in this post. And do anywhere I am for that matter.

The trans was pushing fluid out of the"puke tube" on the top of the trans on the very first test drive. I filled it with 12 quarts of fluid, 6 quarts before start up and filled the rest with it idling. It showed to be overfull buy a quart or so so I drained it out and it was right on the full mark on the next test drive. 15 miles later, no reverse.

It is kinda weird though, usually when you lose reverse in a 4L60E you will loose one forward gear also, I have not.

This goes to show you how much a a shyster(sp?) Scott Seven is.

To add insult to injury, while driving it home my oil pressure went in the toilet, 20 psi driving, 0 hot idling...guess what that means.

Gotta be some relief in sight SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

David

I'm truely sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had & now the Engine & trans at the same time. Hopefully SP7 can do something?? to help with this mess.

I'm truely sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had & now the Engine & trans at the same time. Hopefully SP7 can do something?? to help with this mess.

Why do you keep typing S"P"7? It is SR7.

I got ahold of Scott this morning, he wants me to send it back, he will pay for freight both ways and be no charge.....he will fax me a signed statement stating that:

There will be no charge
There will be a 1 day turnaround after it gets to him.
He will pay freight both ways.
There will be no charge.

He will not pay to have it fixed at another shop, I asked.

What would you guys do?

David

Why do you keep typing S"P"7? It is SR7.

I got ahold of Scott this morning, he wants me to send it back, he will pay for freight both ways and be no charge.....he will fax me a signed statement stating that:

There will be no charge
There will be a 1 day turnaround after it gets to him.
He will pay freight both ways.
There will be no charge.

He will not pay to have it fixed at another shop, I asked.

What would you guys do?

David

I would send it back. It's nice to see SR7 Performance is standing behind his product. I'm sure he wants to see this end with you being a happy customer at this point.

I think i have the "SP" on my mind from the counterfiet, made in china, header seller on this board........... sorry. :rolleyes:

Did you read the post from Luke Juke? He was local and refused the warranty. I am weighing my options here.

All I need is to get it back out there, get it apart and Scott say it was something I did to the trans...the warranty is void and here I sit again in the same boat.

David

It would be totally up to you, but if the guy is trying to make it right, and you don't give him the opportunity, then from then on, it's all yours.

We don't (and he doesn't) know what happened in the short time it ran. There are ways to kill a good trans (slam into reverse at speed, etc) and try to make a builder look bad. Not saying you would do anything like this but there are definitely some idiots out there.

I think he may have missed something simple, it happens, even when you run test them. Maybe he got the clearances too loose on the low or reverse input clutches. Could even be a vendor issue, occassionally (rarely) a bad batch of friction material gets out there and doesn't stay bonded.

The usual reverse failure would be a sun shell and would accompany a loss of 2nd and 4th, but any performance trans would have a Beast sun shell in it and this would be unlikely.

I'm really sorry to hear that FASTFATBOY. Some things never change. Forget the warranty. It would just add salt to your wounds. I do feel your pain. The SR7 Website looks like its a reputable company but its still just MR SCOTT SEVEN in disguise playing his same ol Vegas mentallity scam, just somewhere else in Northern Nevada now. I wonder if thats even his real name. All we can do is learn from our mistakes and hopefully let others know of this sheister.
Again Im sorry to hear this. It opens up some old wounds.

Luke

What he said!

It would be totally up to you, but if the guy is trying to make it right, and you don't give him the opportunity, then from then on, it's all yours.

We don't (and he doesn't) know what happened in the short time it ran. There are ways to kill a good trans (slam into reverse at speed, etc) and try to make a builder look bad. Not saying you would do anything like this but there are definitely some idiots out there.

I think he may have missed something simple, it happens, even when you run test them. Maybe he got the clearances too loose on the low or reverse input clutches. Could even be a vendor issue, occassionally (rarely) a bad batch of friction material gets out there and doesn't stay bonded.

The usual reverse failure would be a sun shell and would accompany a loss of 2nd and 4th, but any performance trans would have a Beast sun shell in it and this would be unlikely.

Yeh I would slam it in reverse JUST to make Scott look bad:confused: , then have the utter JOY of pulling that fawker back out in 120* heat, with two herniated discs in my back and a fused spine in my neck... JUST to make him look bad, he has done a fine job of looking bad on his own......amazes me how some people think:rolleyes:

The trans has $700 worth of hard parts in it I bought from PATC, I sent up there with the trans(or so I think they are in there)

He missed something simple? He had the trans over a MONTH! NOTHING should have been missed.

It truly amazes me how business owners defend other business owners. They consider the business owner the victim because I had the BALLS to QUESTION what he was doing with MY $2500 transmission in a public forum! And the other business owners see ME as the azzhole here? In case you guys have not forgotten, customers bring in REVENUE.....money, in case you have forgotten.

I remember EVERYTHING I am told, my memory is second to none. And people that I deal with over the phone somehow, forget what they tell me...then get pissed when I pin them down on what they tell me. Crazy.

The world is truly upside down and backwards.

It truly amazes me how business owners defend other business owners. They consider the business owner the victim because I had the BALLS to QUESTION what he was doing with MY $2500 transmission in a public forum! And the other business owners see ME as the azzhole here? In case you guys have not forgotten, customers bring in REVENUE.....money, in case you have forgotten.

Dave,
I don't see you as an "Azzhole". We'll get you straightened out and finally get a trans in your car that will work for you.

Frank
CPT