You can type here any text you want

Stage 1 questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
I've been considering buying & building a 3.8 stage 1 off center with a 3.625 BSM crank. The plan would involve using all stock power acc, intake, oiling system, headers, etc.

Some of my questions are....

What kind of reliable hp can be produced with this block using a BSM crank & the 2 bolt BSM caps that came with the block? (Is it stronger than a gridled 109?)

Are there any oiling mods that should be preformed to the block?

Were these blocks subject to the misaligned 3# lifter bore?

Any problem areas noted with these blocks, ie. splitting, cracking, etc?

A majority have been known to crack between the frost plugs, which is very difficult to repair. They have a taller deck height, other than that the oiling is the same as a 109. I would say 800 rwhp is all you would want to push one.

Yes, I also have seen several blocks with the crack between the freeze plugs. I was looking to buy one early last year, and most of the one's I found had this problem. They had been fixed though. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the 3.8 blocks had this problem more than the 4.1. I am not saying the stage 1 is not a strong block, but just something to look out for.

Back