You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 Block Prep

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wagonboss

The BMS manual "Buick Power Source" printed in 1985 has a very good step-by-step description on how to prepare the off center Stage 2 blocks, not including on center 153 blocks. My question is: Is there a similar good step-by-step descpription somewhere for the early on center 153 blocks (the ones with 2 and 4 bolt mains) that supposedly can used internal oiling.

Thanks!

Dan

PS: Of the BMS crankshafts parts #'s 25500066, 67 and 68, which is the best one to use, and does anyone have a new one for sale?

There are three reference books that I beleive would be helpful before attempting a Stage 2 engine.

The Buick MotorSport book (first edition1985) should be considered the Bible of Buick V6(blue, red and white). It contains lots of information that applies to both production, Stage 1 and Stage 2 engines. This book was never updated to a second edition and does not contain any on-center specific information (too bad).

The "Buick Stage II V6 Performance Guide" was published by Jim McFarland. It is an early book. (I couldn't find a publish date on it). It contains sections written by different racers and engine builders with tips, tricks and opinions on what works.

Dave Emanuel published a 33 page engine prep guide "The Buick Stage II V-6 Racing Engine" isbn 0-942099-00-1. This guide was published later and includes On-center information.

None of these publications are readily available anymore (out of print). Your best bet is to watch ebay and pick them up as you can.

Dave

Thanks, Dave, for the response. I've got a copy of the "bible", and I'll try to get the other two before I start on my engine. I'm not going for a lot of HP. My project is an exact clone of the 1981 pace car, except with a stage 2 engine. Since this will be a t-top car with the back half of the roof cut off, it wouldn't take huge HP.

Dan

Don't know of anyone with an 81 t-top car they are selling, by chance?

Back