You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

OK I am tring to decide if I should put stage 2 heads on my stage block or just go with the gnR,s 1st can you still have a/c, ps, with the stage 2 heads ? do you need a fast system to run or can you still use the factory ecm? besides the cost of headers what else am I looking at ?

I think you can get to mid 9s with the gns so unless it sees lots of track time I would use the gns- I'm in the same dilema and think the gns are more user friendly and less expensive acessories.

I would spend the $$ on TA heads before the GN-1's. They are a more durable casting and we picked up BIG with just a change over from GN-1R's to TA.

Ok ,but is anyone running stage 2 heads and keeping a/c and stock ecm ??

Yes. Works great with 96 lb/hr injectors and a T-76. High-z drivers, MAF translator and an LS1 MAF. Passes smog so cleanly you wouldn't believe it. Been running for 6 years or so.

But I'm getting tired of being told it'll never work and it costs $20K by the experts on this board. So, don't listen to me.

well I am just tring to see how much $$ it is going to cost to go with the stage 2 head setup vs. the stock head setup and the fast system adds about $2500 .what about the a/c any one have a stage 2 off center motor with a/c?? Does anybody make headers for a stage 2 in a GN ??

You won't make any more power at the levels you are planning on running at with S2 heads so keep that in mind.

Yes there are stage cars with A/C on them. Either go with true SII heads or the TA's... We can make headers for anything:)

Back