You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 production internals.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

What stage blocks can use production length internals. I d like to use a eagle crank (possibly a stroker -3.625"), k1 rods (possibly 6.00"-6.50") and diamond pistons ( possibly 4.00") in a stage 2 block and wondering what blocks i could do this in, if some stage 2 blocks have taller decks or anything else that would prevent me from using these components.

I'll try to attempt to answer your question. All Stage II blocks with the exception of short deck Indy blocks have the same deck height. For the time being Eagle doesn't make a stroker crank although some guys are taking the stock stroke crank and offset grinding it for SBC rod journals (2.100" diameter) and getting 3.55" stroke length. The only possible stack up problem you can run into is if you have a long rod (6.500" +) and a long stroke crank or a block that hase been decked more than just to square it up. Also on 3.8 liter Off center blocks there is a siameese bore version and a standard version. Only the siameese bore version will accept a 4.00" bore. On center blocks are all siameese bore and will accept a 4.00" bore.

I hope this helps.

Neal

49-blues said:
What stage blocks can use production length internals. I d like to use a eagle crank (possibly a stroker -3.625"), k1 rods (possibly 6.00"-6.50") and diamond pistons ( possibly 4.00") in a stage 2 block and wondering what blocks i could do this in, if some stage 2 blocks have taller decks or anything else that would prevent me from using these components.

Thanks- any idea where i can find the exact measurements for the different stage 2 blocks ? Isnt the only on center block the #153 one? thanks again.

Not sure exactly what you're looking for so I'm not sure where to tell you to look. Do you have a copy of the Buick Powersource? I would tell you that is a good starting point. You're correct that 153 blocks are On center. There are a few other 4X casting On center blocks also.

Neal

49-blues said:
Thanks- any idea where i can find the exact measurements for the different stage 2 blocks ? Isnt the only on center block the #153 one? thanks again.

Mainly the deck heights of each block- i think i have that book but dont think they have what im looking for. trying to decide which blocks i could use and which one would be the better choice. thanks for your input.

Back