You can type here any text you want

stage 2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"More Boost"

Major Member
please dont beat me, :) but is gen II same as stage II ? i'm new to this buick fiasco. please

No, but I also don't know what you mean by Gen 2. Where did you hear Gen 2?

please dont beat me, :) but is gen II same as stage II ? i'm new to this buick fiasco. please

I assume that you are referring to FWD 3800 Gen II that comes in the GTP and the big V6 that are in most of the GMs with SC and without SC now days. If so, they are totally different. I believe in 1988 Buick took the 3.8 V6 motor and totally redesigned it and they started calling it the 3800 series then the 3800 gen I succeeded the 3800 then 3800 Gen II and so on. I don't know what else is next. The Buick 3800 motor is like the corporate motor, it shows up in all GM cars now days.
The pre 1988 RWD 3.8 blocks and the off center stage blocks are very similar; everything will inter change, not that you would want to use stock GM parts in it. The stage blocks were made for the Buick racing team in the 1980s like the Indy and Bush and so on. They are much beefier than the production 1984-1987 blocks, there fore it can handle major HP with proper internals.

Hey, you are somewhere in IL, if you are close, stop by and I will show you the difference.

HTh
Prasad

Back