You can type here any text you want

Stage II Fit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Will a On-Center with Chapman Heads fit in a GN with the AC box in place?

Thanks
Joe

What if you move the engine forward and cut/re weld the cover to be slimmer?

Neal
Please explain what needs to be done. I am one step away from getting me a Beast of a motor.

I have some pics on my computer at home. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them your way.

Neal

Thanks Neal for the pics. Looks like I will have no choice to remove the AC Box to make it nice. And preserve the Unit if I can remove it without breaking it. Going into a direction where the Car will turn out to an all out race car.

Thanks for the help.
Joe

Joe,

I've always thought the A/C on these cars was marginal especially driving around town so it's not a big loss to me. Having a heater is always nice on a cold evening. I had heard that someone maybe a board member removed the original A/C from the engine compartment and installed some sort of "vintage air" under dash mounted syatem but I don't see that there is a lot of room there. Maybe it's just a rumor.

Neal

I removed the Ac Comp and Condensor back in the 90's. So I won't miss the AC since it has not worked for a good decade. I just don't like butchering these cars. I will remove it gently and put it aside for the next guy who will buy the car one day if it will ever happen. I can sell it with or without the AC.
Thanks again for the pics.

Joe

Back