You can type here any text you want

Stage II motor rookie question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
I have a contact selling a complete SII on-center motor.
Trying to possibly help him move it.

It is an iron block (Not sure of the casting), with complete valve train with billet roller, complete M&A heads, crank, Carrillo rods, oil pan, headers, intake, TB, fuel rails/injectors, front cover, valve covers, vacuum pump, external oil pump, distributor, crank trigger, balancer/trigger, BMS crank, etc. Motor is apart for viewing.

The crank key was sheared and bend the exh. valves. One of the pistons may need to be cleaned up, but I could not see any other visible damage. The motor has been ran and looks like the rings are not even completely seated.

I am comfortable around stock stuff, but this SII may be over my head since I am sure there are some tricks to it.
Not really any plan to use the motor but it may be a good corner piece for a while. LOL!!

What do you think this is worth (ballpark)?

Would be hard to tell without being in person and evaluating the damage Jerryl. Hitting a valve, damaging a piston could cause other damage as well within the rotating assembly or valve train. You would have to take everything apart very meticulously and have it all checked for straightness, damage, etc. Could be slight and an inexpensive fix, or could be bad. I have seen a valve contact a piston, looking like just a kiss, but actually damaged it more down by the wristpin, making it nearly impossible to get the piston off. Must have been some tough pistons, because just looking at the top, it looked okay. Piston looked square in the bore, but was a few thousands off-kilter. Why was the crank key sheared off too? A lot of variables, but if picked up for a good enough deal may be worth the risk. I have bad luck in adventures like that, but I still jump into them. :)

Jerryl,
Your biggest problem will be installing a hot air intake manifold to a stageII on center set up. You'll have to send your manifold to a good welder ( probably not me ......insert wink here) and have them cut it in half length wise and then weld it back together. If your manifold is ported alot it might make it easier. All the other stuff wrong with the engine is only a check book away from fixing. Good luck. Sounds like fun.

Stage 2 prices are in the basement based on what we have sold lately. I would say 6k for everything since the m&a heads are a crack waiting to happen.

Back