You can type here any text you want

Stage Ii Rockers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I know i'm not suppose to post this here,but i have a set of stage II rockers forsale they are T&ds not sure of the ratio.I have rockers, pushrods, and valve covers. askin 300.00 ,but neg. let me know thanxs .

randy

Rockers should have a letter code stamped on the side. If it's a Busch motor, they are probably 1.65 and 1.60.

Please check rockers spec 1st.

Ratio on these went all the way to 1.72 depending on application. I'm not trying to upset ANYONE, send these to T&D to have them inspected to insure they are within tolerance before you buy-sell-install and discover you have a set of junk rockers, least you pi$$ someone (yourself) off. Sheldon @ T&D is the person you need to visit with and don't be upset if you need to rebuild/replace some or all of the assembly, it's easier than dealing with the mystery of a used valve train assembly:confused: By the way if you are using the BMS heads, the ONLY source for rockers is T&D to the best of my knowledge (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong...):eek: BTW the set I got were JUNK and it cost me.

Re: Please check rockers spec 1st.

Originally posted by GARY HARVEY
Ratio on these went all the way to 1.72 depending on application.
SNIP>>By the way if you are using the BMS heads, the ONLY source for rockers is T&D to the best of my knowledge (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong...):eek: BTW the set I got were JUNK and it cost me.

The T&Ds should be stamped:
H: High = 1.71
S: Standard = 1.64
L: Low = 1.58

Many of the later S2 heads were set up for Jesel individual shaft rockers (one cylinder, 2 rockers per shaft). This requires machining the pedestals for the T&Ds off and drilling and tapping for the Jesel shaft stands. The Jesels can't be oiled through the rocker shafts, either, so the lifter galleys must be drilled for oiling.

I have talk to the guy that on the rockers he said that he will take 125.00 for them shipped are they can sat here .

I have no interested in these they are not mine tryin to sale for a buddy.

thanxs randy

Originally posted by southern boost
I have talk to the guy that on the rockers he said that he will take 125.00 for them shipped are they can sat here .

I have no interested in these they are not mine tryin to sale for a buddy.

thanxs randy

I sent you an email yesterday..I will take them for that price.

:)

Re: Re: Please check rockers spec 1st.

Originally posted by KendallF
The T&Ds should be stamped:
H: High = 1.71
S: Standard = 1.64
L: Low = 1.58

<snip> The Jesels can't be oiled through the rocker shafts, either, so the lifter galleys must be drilled for oiling.

Can you explain? I don't even have heads yet, but this statement intrigues me.

Re: Re: Re: Please check rockers spec 1st.

Originally posted by TurboDave
Can you explain? I don't even have heads yet, but this statement intrigues me.

With the T&Ds, since they are a single long shaft, you have the option of running oil from the back of the block up to the heads, up through the rocker stand and into the rocker shaft. The rockers then have oil holes and slots so that they oil the pushrods from the top down. The pushrods are the cupped style. I have this setup for my motor.

Then what kind of options would I be looking at with St II aluminum heads?
BTW, I have completed the lifter oiling mods on both of these blocks. Each lifter has a .125 oiling hole, and the valeys have been opened up for draining. Each lifter pair sits between a re-inforcement wall, and each pair needed it's own drain hole. This was easilly accomplished. Guess I should get some updated pictures posted to my photo album.

Stage II Rocker Covers

Randy

Do you still have the rocker covers? If so pls send me some pics via email.

Thx - Derek

Dave,

My stage 2 block was already set up for the external oiling of the rocker shafts. It had 1/8 npt fittings already tapped into the front and rear oil "towers" with -3an line that ran over to the heads. Stage 2 heads are factory drilled for this oiling setup.

Dry sump applications would be best suited for external rocker oiling because they have an excess pumping capacity and a large supply of oil. Wet sumps with stock location oil pumps lack the capacity IMO to over lubricate any one area.

I plugged the passages and oilled everything up the pushrod. The T&D rocker arms are internally drilled to provide oil to the shaft through the pushrod/rocker arm.

t&d

kendall, my friend i have a set that the push rod is attached to the rocker arm with a swivell for a high reving indy car, that i may sell , i havent looked at them for 4 or 5 years i think they are stamped h , the stage car that i sold had jetsel shaft rockers, i still have the high rev kit and gear drive boxed up some where, :cool: oc,

Originally posted by dereklola
Randy

Do you still have the rocker covers? If so pls send me some pics via email.

Thx - Derek

Derek,

I have an ugly set that I was planning to do some work on and CNC something similar to mine..give me a call if you want them. A guy in South FL was supposed to take them but he hasn't called or emailed back.

Originally posted by southern boost
everything is sold

thanxs randy

Randy, I am assuming you got my money order..I would appreciate a return email with shipping info. :)

Originally posted by odell4o8
kendall, my friend i have a set that the push rod is attached to the rocker arm with a swivell for a high reving indy car, that i may sell , i havent looked at them for 4 or 5 years i think they are stamped h , the stage car that i sold had jetsel shaft rockers, i still have the high rev kit and gear drive boxed up some where, oc,

Odell,

Give me a call sometime next week, we'll talk. :) I have a rev kit that I'm going to use on my block, actually...

kendall i sent you email not an hour ago recieved m\o fri will ship monday or tues.

sorry if you didnt recieve the e-mail

randy

merry x-mas

Back