You can type here any text you want

Stage II UP AND RUNNING!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mac in SD

Sorry for the caps in the subject line, but I'm jazzed. It's only been three years since I bought the S2 block and started this stuff. Worth the wait, though.

After the front cover - oil pump fiasco, then a dead battery last night, and a little work on re-timing the cam sensor...

SHE FIRED UP GREAT!!!

Great oil pressure, runs super cool (desert cooler radiator), idles great with the 96-lb. injectors with the Neal Steward chip, and....

...sounds really cool with the S2 heads and ATR S2 headers. Oh-ho-ho-ho DOCTOR!

No runs, drips, or errors so far. No knocks or taps, either. Crossed fingers, big time.

I'm well beyond tumescent. :D :D :D

It's about time...

Congrats Mac!!

I know how long you've been chomping at the bit to get this thing done. I'm glad you accomplished the goal of getting the new motor running. Once you finalize the configuration we'll have to spend some time getting that thing tuned. Definately a time to celebrate!!

Neal

I hope you have some sort of vacuum pump set up on that! It will not only add horsepower and ring sealing, but it will make oil leaks go bye-bye. Try using a 96 LT1 Electric Air pump. Hook it to a Hobbs switch to turn on at "X" PSI.

:cool:
Curt

Great, Mac! Now I've got to work a meeting back in San Diego for sure. :) Glad the 96s are working for you so far. I hope to hear/see more soon!

Thanks, guys. I had to take it out again this morning before I left for work. I've got to go out of town today 'til Wednesday night, and it was one of those, "I gots to know!" things.

Looks like I've got a little oil leak from the driver's side valve cover (which I had to take off to reset the timing.) Figures.

Got a couple of exhaust leaks at the downpipe-to-straight pipe joint (no clamp yet, just a slip fit) and the slip fit on the crossover (can still snug it up some.)

1Qwik6, that's an interesting idea about that LT1 vacum pump. I'll have to look into that.

I may have drilled the holes in the thermostat (for bypass) a little too big, as it seems to be awfully cold-blooded. 'Course, I'm going by my temp gauge, which is plumbed into the back of the manifold. I'll have to get the scan tool on it to see what's going on at the front of the manifold. Still, the upper radiator hose is "grab-able" without too much pain. We'll see.

Back