You can type here any text you want

Stainless Braided Brake Lines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamcar86

Just received my stainless braided brake lines from gbody parts and was curious if there is anything I need to know before the install. Any tips, tricks or just basic information for a smooth install and maximum benefits.

I apply a very thin film of anti-seize compound on the threads of tube fittings - prevents galling and corrosion in future years. Make sure the compound is kept away from the tube opening, so it doesnt contaminate the brake fluid.

As with any brake line fitting, use flare nut wrenches, not an open end wrench.

I apply a very thin film of anti-seize compound on the threads of tube fittings - prevents galling and corrosion in future years. Make sure the compound is kept away from the tube opening, so it doesnt contaminate the brake fluid.

As with any brake line fitting, use flare nut wrenches, not an open end wrench.

Thank you. I always appreciate the help.

I apply a very thin film of anti-seize compound on the threads of tube fittings ...
Just to clarify my own post, in case someone searches this thread months or years from now:

this ONLY applies to fittings whose primary seal is created by an Oring (eg, fuel line) or metal-to-metal face seal (eg, Inverted Flare or 37º AN Flare).

Seals that are created by an interference fit on the actual thread (eg, NPT tapered pipe thread) generally require use of a bonafide thread sealant & lubricant (eg, Permatex "high temperature thread sealant").

Back