Stainless headers

Look Quick said:
Now that ATR is out of business, who makes stainless steel headers?

I believe Mike Licht from Full Throttle Speed will soon be introducing a set similar to the ATR's with a few favorable improvements, and they should work with all available downpipes on the market, trying to make them work with 3.5 pipes too. Might want to give him a call.

Walker231T said:
I believe Mike Licht from Full Throttle Speed will soon be introducing a set similar to the ATR's with a few favorable improvements, and they should work with all available downpipes on the market, trying to make them work with 3.5 pipes too. Might want to give him a call.

Very nice.

I'm not sure if you're looking at headers for a performance advantage or longevity or...

...But you can run in the 9's with the stock headers. Once repaired & prepared properly you should get long life out of them as well.

K.

Understand what repaired means, but what does prepared mean.

From what I am seeing now, my driver side manifold is the only one with a crack. I think this is typical, or is it both sides?

Can you use a driver side manifold off a non turbocharged 3.8, seeing as there is a crossover and no turbo uniion on the driver side I thought it might be possible, or is the head configuration completely different?

This is for a friend who is wanting to replace his stock header that has been welded several times (obviously, not by a good welder). I have checked with different vendors and it appears that ATR was the only one that sold a replacement for the ds header. Vendors nowadays are only selling the complete set (both headers & x-over pipe).

Understand what repaired means, but what does prepared mean.

I mean by that any welding, port matching, pinning, bracing, etc.

This is for a friend who is wanting to replace his stock header that has been welded several times (obviously, not by a good welder).

Done properly, you shouldn't need to have it welded several times.

K.