You can type here any text you want

Stainless headers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Look Quick said:
Now that ATR is out of business, who makes stainless steel headers?

I believe Mike Licht from Full Throttle Speed will soon be introducing a set similar to the ATR's with a few favorable improvements, and they should work with all available downpipes on the market, trying to make them work with 3.5 pipes too. Might want to give him a call.

Walker231T said:
I believe Mike Licht from Full Throttle Speed will soon be introducing a set similar to the ATR's with a few favorable improvements, and they should work with all available downpipes on the market, trying to make them work with 3.5 pipes too. Might want to give him a call.

Very nice.

I'm not sure if you're looking at headers for a performance advantage or longevity or...

...But you can run in the 9's with the stock headers. Once repaired & prepared properly you should get long life out of them as well.

K.

Understand what repaired means, but what does prepared mean.

From what I am seeing now, my driver side manifold is the only one with a crack. I think this is typical, or is it both sides?

Can you use a driver side manifold off a non turbocharged 3.8, seeing as there is a crossover and no turbo uniion on the driver side I thought it might be possible, or is the head configuration completely different?

This is for a friend who is wanting to replace his stock header that has been welded several times (obviously, not by a good welder). I have checked with different vendors and it appears that ATR was the only one that sold a replacement for the ds header. Vendors nowadays are only selling the complete set (both headers & x-over pipe).

Understand what repaired means, but what does prepared mean.

I mean by that any welding, port matching, pinning, bracing, etc.

This is for a friend who is wanting to replace his stock header that has been welded several times (obviously, not by a good welder).

Done properly, you shouldn't need to have it welded several times.

K.

Back