You can type here any text you want

stalls from 0-20

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oz08

I just had to replace the MAF sensor in my 87 GN and now my car is stalling between 0 and 20. It doesn't always do it but from a stop when I start to accelerate it will begin to stall and go stall and go stall and go until it shifts into third, then it's fine. After I changed the transmission filter, changed the ECM and put the stock chip back in it only seems to do it when I first start the engine. It's been doing it for about a week off and on but never given me a malfunction code, but today I was driving and it never acted up once but for a minute the engine light flashed. I ran it and it was a code 45 from the o2 sensor for rich exhaust. I'm leaning toward replacing the throttle positioning sensor anyone else have any thoughts?

+1 they have pretty loose tolerances when it comes to the calibration of the re man sensors.

sometimes takes 2 or 3 trips to the jobber to get it right....

Maybe one day they'll get the hint...:rolleyes:

+1 - Reman maf sensors from the common autoparts stores rarely work..... like really rarely.... like the guys said, alot of people give up after 2,3,4 'new' sensors, and none of them will work. Find a AC Delco MAF, nos4gn -'dot'- com has them, or go with LT1/LS1 MAFTranslator setup.... FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Store Front Page , or go mafless if your good... :cool:

The brand name of the sensor was a Standard. I don't know if that's what you're referring to though.

The brand name of the sensor was a Standard. I don't know if that's what you're referring to though.

Standard is a rebuilt aftermarket maf, like others said, the calibration is probably off. I got sick of that myself and went the LT1 translator route, rebuilt ones are a crap shoot to find a good one.

Standard is a rebuilt aftermarket maf, like others said, the calibration is probably off. I got sick of that myself and went the LT1 translator route, rebuilt ones are a crap shoot to find a good one.

Is there a way I can test the MAF to see if that's the problem and where can I get an LT1 translator?

Is there a way I can test the MAF to see if that's the problem and where can I get an LT1 translator?

The only way to get an idea is to have a loggin type scantool, and record a run.

Where to purchase?
See link in sig for TurboTweak.
Customer service is second to none!!!

Edit:
Looks like TT is out of stock. :frown:
Try FT.

I just bought a translator that upgrades to the late model GM. Will I need an adapter hose because of the difference in sizes?

I just bought a translator that upgrades to the late model GM. Will I need an adapter hose because of the difference in sizes?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you go with the LS1 maf(3.5") you will need a hose adapter, if you use the 3" LT1 maf you will not need a hose adapter. Also if the translator was for a Chevy LS1 and not a Buick you will need a wire harness adapter for the maf sensor to "plug in".

I know I don't need a wiring harness but can I use an LS1 or an LT1 with the translator or only the LS1?

as said the coice is yours and really its up to your intake piping or adapters
the LT1 ( 3") and LS1 (3.5") both use the same elec connector or you could also do the Zo6 maf ( 4") with an adapter harness from FT

just be sure settings inside the box are correct for your MAF and for your application .

Back