stand alone fuel management-which one?

GNguy

U aint that big
Hey guys, Well my car still does not run right and I am just tired of this because it has been a long time since I have been able to drive it for more than 2 days in a row!! :mad: The problem is somewhere in the harness and I have had several people look at it and sometimes it seems fixed but it wigs out after driving it for a while(surging, backfiring, stalling and not starting). So I have come to the conclusion of just going to either FAST or DFI or something along those lines.......which do you guys think is better?? any suggestions would be great. thanks

GNguy said:
Hey guys, Well my car still does not run right and I am just tired of this because it has been a long time since I have been able to drive it for more than 2 days in a row!! :mad: The problem is somewhere in the harness and I have had several people look at it and sometimes it seems fixed but it wigs out after driving it for a while(surging, backfiring, stalling and not starting). So I have come to the conclusion of just going to either FAST or DFI or something along those lines.......which do you guys think is better?? any suggestions would be great. thanks

FAST all the way....

I'm looking into the Big Stuff 3 myself. The FAST is a very good unit too. BTW, have you checked your cam sensor?

Neal

GNguy said:

750H.P.V6 said:
I'm looking into the Big Stuff 3 myself. The FAST is a very good unit too. BTW, have you checked your cam sensor?

Neal

No I havent checked my cam sensor, but if the cam sensor was messed up would it run well but then just die? Because my car will run great for a day or so then just go crazy for hours then go back to normal...When the dump pipe is open I seem to notice the problem sooner than earlier. Its weird......

Honestly, it's hard to tell. Most intermittent electronic problems are hard to troubleshoot when you have the car in front of you and even more so over the phone via the net etc. It could be cam sensor related if the tang had broken off the reluctor ring and it was moving around on top ot the cam sensor drive shaft. At some points it would sync up and the car would run and at others it wouldn't. I'm not saying this is your problem but you might want to pull off the cap and see if the tang is still there.

Neal

GNguy said:
No I havent checked my cam sensor, but if the cam sensor was messed up would it run well but then just die? Because my car will run great for a day or so then just go crazy for hours then go back to normal...When the dump pipe is open I seem to notice the problem sooner than earlier. Its weird......

GNguy said:
Have you tried unplugging the MAF when it starts acting up. If it runs better replace it with known good one. I would try & solve the problem first before switching the system. I'm not familuar with your combination. Unless it's that radical I would try & stick with the stock computer as long as possible. Lot of fast cars out there that still do.

jlehmannjr said:
Lou

Tell him about my cam sensor problem, the symptoms sound the same
Neal has already suggested that. Problems like this can be frustrating & a process of elimination starting with the obvious is what it takes. Once you figure it out you curse yourself for not finding it sooner.