You can type here any text you want

start up for dummies

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

StagedGN

ok need some help have a speed pro system with a 274" S2,160 lb inj,M&A,88 turbo and the rest need to know what I have to do to start this thing up and not fry it still sitting in the garage.I'm a newbe and the manual that I got for the speed pro is not helping much.Thanks Steve B

First thing I would do is spend some time and go through Ccom and look at each table and chart and parameter and figure out what they all do. The more you understand the various tables in Calcom, the quicker you'll recognize how to fix a problem once you see it.

As far as the startup itself goes, you'll want to make sure that you have the correct parameters in calcom- engine size, injector size, # of cylinders, etc. Once that stuff is right, go ahead and try it- if it doesn't start, try to figure out why. Is the timing correct? Does it smell so rich that it won't start? It's pretty easy to figure out, as long as you know what parameters you can control.

It's usually one of those things you get nervous about, then afterwards you feel good about how easy it actually went...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

well as far as the injectors go I've heard guy's using 160's programming them as 130's and dial down the fuel pressure down to 30.

Back