Starter Wires Fusible Link

daredevil95

Hi, I'm working on my engine bay harness and I found a problem with a wire that goes to the starter. Its 2 wires =, I'm guessing 10 gauge that go into a fusible link and 1 wire that appears to be 12 gauge or so. I believe this wire is part of the fan system? not sure.....anyways, where could I get a replacement? I google searched the heck out of this and no luck, nothing in this forum's search feature. Or any recommendations as to replacing this? I'm thinking of hitting a junkyard on Friday afternoon? Cut one out of another car? be it a Gbody or a Jeep! lol I appreciate the help...thanks

Screenshot 2023-08-16 191043.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-16 191022.jpg

I got mine at O Reilly auto, but Autozone has them too. Ya just need to find a knowlegable counterman, not an easy thing to do. Mine were about 5.99 ea. They come in different gauges. Measure what yours are with a wire stripper. Then you can get crimp on butt Connectors with heat shrink on them at Harbor freight.
All of mine had dried and cracked insulation on them.
Drop the starter and it's not a bad deal timewise.
It might be a good time to install a liteweight hi torque starter too!
TIMINATOR

I got mine at O Reilly auto, but Autozone has them too. Ya just need to find a knowlegable counterman, not an easy thing to do. Mine were about 5.99 ea. They come in different gauges. Measure what yours are with a wire stripper. Then you can get crimp on butt Connectors with heat shrink on them at Harbor freight.
All of mine had dried and cracked insulation on them.
Drop the starter and it's not a bad deal timewise.
It might be a good time to install a liteweight hi torque starter too!
TIMINATOR
Thanks for the response. I just had the motor rebuilt so, the engine bay is empty and I'm in the process of cleaning up the harness. gonna look good when done....I hope!

Here's a link to the video series if anyone is interested? Click on videos....I havn't created a playlist yet.