You can type here any text you want

Starts, runs but shuts off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo85

I have an 87 TR and I have just put a new timing chain on. I have set the crank sensor, put a new cam sensor in and did all the adjustments. The car starts right up but will not keep running. I can start all day lone but it will die in about 10 seconds. I have checked the cam sensor and re gaped the crank sensor but the problem still exists. Fuel pressure is at 42. Has anyone had a problem like this? Have I left anything out? Thanks

starts, runs dies

No , thanks on that one, It a hypertech engine tuning chip. nothing fancy

Check all your hoses (air) to make sure everything got hooked back up and clamped down.

No , thanks on that one, It a hypertech engine tuning chip. nothing fancy

Hypertech Chip? #1 Throw in GARBAGE!! Buy a Turbo Tweak for Your Combo. Those Hypertech are JUNK!! I'm sure many will back me up on this one.

starts, runs, dies.

To all that responded, I have fixed the problem. I thought I could not hook up the maf sensor and still run the car. NOT, put everything back together and started today and runs, purrrrs,. Tomorrow I will install fan, and coolant and road test. Thanks all for all seggustions and responses. without this form,all a guy can do is guess. Thanks Again. Where can I get a tweek chip for a stock motor that will better perform the hyperchip?

oh almost forgot check the tps also unplug to see it it stays on:smile:

Back