Steadfast

Blwn87

"You have a vacuum leak?"
Anyone have the steadfast collar on their GN. Whats the price tag? Does it repel thiefs? How difficult is it to put on?

What are the negatives, if any? Looks? Any modifications need to be made?

Thanks! :)

The only negative would be for the idiot trying to steal ur car. This thing is solid, looks almost stock too.

TType84,

Where did you get the collar for $70-$90? Price listed on the Steadfast website is $129.00. I was about to order this week when I saw your post. Assume we are talking about the permanent collar, not one that is taken on and off when the car is parked (like a useless Club!). Let me know if there is a better deal to be found out there.

BTW, sounds like you've had same problems as me hanging on to your TR. First GN stolen twice, broken into three times. Second T-Type stolen and gutted. Now on third GN. Doing what I can to hang on to it!

Mike D.
puregn

well i bought mine off a guy for like $70.. he said he paid $90 brand new.. but now that i think about it, i think it was part of a group purchase..

I'm interested in one (or two) if I can get it for a better price.

Do an internet search under Steadfast Collar Guard. There is a vendor in KY I believe as I purchased one around Christmas for my car. Some don't like the look but it looks fine to me. You can get them in black or chrome (additional charge) or paint any color you want after you get it! I paid about $120 or so and it's a heavy duty permanent unit that should do what it is suppossed to.

May also want to look at their "Cargaurd", a temporary collar, if you don't like the permanent look. I'm considering one or the other (or both!)