You can type here any text you want

Steel Main Cap Problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
no disrespect to anybody ....but...are the tangs for ease of assembly or are they to properly locate the bearing during assembly? im sure a good machinist would have no problem putting a bearing in correctly without a tang but suppose the bearing was to migrate fore or aft? would the oil holes become blocked or the sides of the bearing rub the crank?

I just got my caps from Mike at Full Throttle.Yes they where machined wrong.No big deal,it's not Mikes fault.My machinast did catch it and he took it upon himself to contact the manufacturer.They are sending out a new cap and a call tag for the wrong one.

Brent, you are an anomaly to this whole equation, so I think your comments on Lou's work are very bias. This guy has no customer service skills, maybe with you and a few other exceptions he's a top notch tuner, but with most other people he's an overpriced assh*le....

Are you done crying? Just shut up and let people decide for themselves who they like or dislike.

If somebody would have used a Turbobuick supporting engine building shop such as Lou or Sod (middle-men) more than likely the error would have been caught by them or their machinist / machine shop before machining. A lot of suppliers and / or vendors in general, but maybe not Turbobuick suppliers and / or vendors will not make good on a product once it has been machined, cut, ground, and / or polished or altered in any way. It's great that a Turbobuick supporting supplier such as Mike Licht at FTS&S stepped up to the plate and said that they will get it straightened out regardless.

Back