You can type here any text you want

Stewart warner speedo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

three turbos

NUNLKME
Ok guys, got a question just installed a new gnx dash with all SW gages and the problem im having is with the speedo. It reads correct mph but the needle is a bit jumpy and its noisy,I can here the weight wheel if you will inside spinning kinda pissin me off being that its brand new and being that its been modified for the vss now im sure SW is not going to warranty it. I have taken it all apart inside and see nothing wrong appears to opperate correctly just a little noisy, it almost has the sound of a noisy lifter just not as harsh. It came with a new upper cable with grease in it and I bench testsed it with my old oem speedo to troubleshoot to eliminate a cable issue.Does any one got any input on this or an idea?Could my problem maybe be in the lower cable and translating through and up the new cable magnifying to the speedo?Im kinda drawing a blank here, is it worth lubing up the lower cable and what should I use? Thanks Eric

Its the speedo cable. You need to remove the cable and grease up to about a foot before the end that goes to the speedo. That should do it.

Pete

Yes. But you must leave a foot clean at the end or the grease may come up into the speedo.

Pete

Back